UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS now fitted....

Old 01-26-2005, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS now fitted....

Hi guys

As some might be aware, I finally gave in to the desire for a performance exhaust. I had originally ordered mine last week from JW Racing, but through various problems had to cancel the order. I got a better deal from Torque Developments and ordered the HKS Hiper system from them at 1:30 yesterday lunchtime (tuesday).

The package was delivered to my dealers at 2pm today (wednesday) who busted a gut to collect my car from my house, fitted the exhaust and returned the car back in time for 5:30 tonight (wednesday)! Cheers, Derek Warwick Honda!!!! Top work fellas!

Within five mins of returning home, I was driving my "new" car.

BLOODY HELL!!

I've read various threads about the HKS and how it appears to be the exhaust of choice, but I'm astounded how good it sounds! It also looks the absolute mutt's nuts too!

I took my mate the Griffith owner for a top-down spin and he was mighty impressed, frequently shouting "sounds fantastic, doesn't it". I dunno if its the combination of the Aus CAI, K&N air filter, the airbox mods and the exhaust, but the end result is simply amazing. It sounds like nothing else I've ever heard - throaty, meaty, very sexy but hugely menacing! I was a little worried that it might sound a bit Chavvy but no worries there.

This is a seriously good bit of kit and I heartily recommend anyone who's undecided to buy one - RIGHT NOW!!! Speak to Dominic at Torque Developments and tell them Ben sent you!

Yours,

Blissfully happy in Jersey
Old 01-26-2005, 03:31 PM

You've got the same setup as me
Old 01-26-2005, 03:35 PM

yep, they are good sh:t
Old 01-26-2005, 03:42 PM

Well, that's settled then - you have to come to the Ring at Easter just so we can do a lap together and get someone to video us as we drive past the spectator area!

I'm assuming you've also blocked up the resonator port-thingie?

Damn, its sounds awesome!
Old 01-26-2005, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by BenHampton,Jan 27 2005, 12:42 AM
Well, that's settled then - you have to come to the Ring at Easter just so we can do a lap together and get someone to video us as we drive past the spectator area!
Old 01-26-2005, 10:11 PM

Welcome to the club
Old 01-26-2005, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by BenHampton,Jan 27 2005, 12:42 AM
I'm assuming you've also blocked up the resonator port-thingie?
Ben,

Glad you are enjoying the HKS!. Great isn't it........especially with the top down!. Mine is in combination with HKS racing suction kit and together they sound awesome!.

Quick question.............what did you mean by quote above?. Is this anything to do with the HKS or are you talking about the stock airbox?. Just wanted to make sure I haven't missed a trick with the HKS!.

Ta!. Neil
Old 01-26-2005, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Crusader Rabbit,Jan 27 2005, 08:36 AM
Ben,

Glad you are enjoying the HKS!. Great isn't it........especially with the top down!. Mine is in combination with HKS racing suction kit and together they sound awesome!.

Quick question.............what did you mean by quote above?. Is this anything to do with the HKS or are you talking about the stock airbox?. Just wanted to make sure I haven't missed a trick with the HKS!.

Ta!. Neil
That's to do with the stock airbox. On the right hand side below the filter (IIRC) is a hole that when covered increases induction noise a tad
Old 01-26-2005, 11:47 PM

Still works with the HKS, too!
Old 01-26-2005, 11:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ben wait until the system beds in, uber

Quick Reply: HKS now fitted....