UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hit and Run

Old 10-12-2011, 12:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hit and Run

I arrived at one of the car parks in work to jump in my car tonight, and found that some git (for want of a better word) has reversed into my S, denting the bootlid and scratching it, scratching paint off the spoiler, and causing unquantified paint damage to the rear bumper. The numberplate plinth has also been pushed into the recess on the right hand side. The boot lid dent is similar to the damage that 'Suits' sustained, although there is definitely some heavy scratching of the paintwork

There is no way in hell the driver wouldn't have noticed yet didn't leave any details. There were broken rear light shards on my bootlid, so I will therefore be looking at every car I come across on base with a beady eye.

I'm not sure if it was a Matelot or civvy, and I could not see any CCTV cameras in the vicinity

For those of you who know my car, you know the bad luck I've had, with this being the 3rd time I have been hit and run. The bootlid was the only panel that has not seen any paintwork since I have owned the car...looks like it will see some soon enough, at my expense once more

Bloody raging...

Photos will follow in due course.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

FFS, bunch of twunts eh! unlucky

Someone did a hit and run on my car a bit ago .
Old 10-12-2011, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

f@#king hell! I would be absolutely raging, surely on a base someone must have seen something with the number of people just walking round? Maybe putting something up in the Wardie or mess to see if anyone saw?
Old 10-12-2011, 02:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahh mate thats terrible and I'm really sorry to hear of your bad luck again, especially after all the effort you've been putting in fitting facelift parts etc. I had it happen to me once so know the feeling...someone at work reversed into my car smashing the headlight washer off, creasing the front wing badly and pushing the headlight in on itself breaking the mounting brackets on it. I reckon it was a sodding 4x4 driver. Blind twats!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:26 PM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Sorry to hear it Matt.

Sounds like they uses an FC101 or something bigger...
Old 10-12-2011, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bad luck fella, happened to me last year, not as bad as yours but still needs paint on rear bumper. How about checking cctv around the time for all traffic leaving the base (assuming these things are monitored at entry/exit?). Sounds like a large vehicle will be leaving with broken rear cluster? should be identifiable?

I blame the insurance companies that force people to run like cowards as the punishment from them is often worse (financially) than any sanction that you or the law could land on their doorstep. Of course there is a human element and you would think any decent person would own up, but hey, it's not a perfect world.

I feel your pain, although 3 times?!?! do you sleep on a smashed mirror, under a ladder with a black cat!?!?

Hope you can get sorted for a good price... you must have a loyalty card at your local bodyshop?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, that's bad luck Matt, hope you find out who done it!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear. I'd like to blame civvies rather than matelots, but after an 'experience' leaving my car in Camels head car park while I was at sea, (where my Prelude was peppered in deep scratches and door dings) it's just as likely to be a so called 'Ship mate'.

I take it you've told the MOD plod? They've normally got nothing better to do than scan hours of CCTV footage, so hopefully they'll find the culprit.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt, sorry to hear this.

Try the main gate (all gates?) and see if you can spot a car leaving with a broken light.

Long shot perhaps, but you never know.....
Old 10-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Very bad luck.

I've noticed no fecker looks over their shoulder when reversing any more.

Quick Reply: Hit and Run