UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HELP - Working Holiday to the UK

Old 07-19-2002, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - Working Holiday to the UK

Hello Everyone

My names Christie and I'm the proud owner of a 99 Silverstone/Red s2000.

I'm about to embark on a working holiday to the UK and was wondering whether anyone can offer any advice on the work situation in London.

My friends are currently renting a place in West Kensington and I will be joining them there on the 6th September.

I'm currently employed as a Business Analyst with the National Australia Bank
and was hoping to pick up casual work in the banking industry. My friends who have also worked in the banking industry have yet to gain any employment which is a bit worrying, considering the poor exchange rate between the AUD and GBP.

Therefore I'd like your suggestions/advice on where the best places/industries to focus my attention on to gain casual employment. Things to do/see in and around London ie pubs/clubs, etc......

I think the hardest thing for me will be to leave my baby garaged at home for the next 12 months.

Cheers

Old 07-19-2002, 05:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Christie,

I cat offer any helpful advice on work I'm afraid......however, you will be in the UK just in time for Supermeet II, see here:
http://www.ireallywanna.com/s2000/supermee...rrangements.htm

We already have a chap coming along as a passenger from the states. Why not put up a post asking for a ride - it would be a wonderful way to see some of the UK and catch up on the S2000 scene here
Old 07-19-2002, 05:51 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ianl
[B]Hi Christie,
Old 07-19-2002, 05:53 AM

Hi Christie,

I too am a business analyst in the financial services/banking industry and think that whilst not exactly booming the job market seems pretty good.

What key system skills do you have, VB, SQL, AS400 and Access ought to pretty much ensure you can get good temp contracts at the least.

Tif
Old 07-19-2002, 05:56 AM

Hey, prehaps we can get Christie to bring in some 'supplies' from Muz and AusS2000. Then we wouldn't have to pay shipping or C&E
Old 07-19-2002, 06:04 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Christie P
I'm currently employed as a Business Analyst with the National Australia Bank
My brother works there, at least he was working there the las time I spoke to him which was a few months back.

Job market in the City has been a bit depressed for some time now. What sort of work are you looking for?
Old 07-19-2002, 06:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're rumoured to be making a bid for Abbey National

Pete
Old 07-19-2002, 06:36 AM

Christie

Try www.jobserve.com. Simply input your skills (or role requirement) and preferred location.

You'll find vacancies which are typically placed by agencies which in turn will give you a wider view of the market.

The job market is ok, however people are now very specific about the skills they require in a new hire.
Old 07-19-2002, 06:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Christie, due to new security and immigration measures being introduced into the UK, all S2000 owners from abroad have to show photo ID in order to get a ride in a UK S2000.

In this regard, Chris from Florida sent a photo of himself with his S2000; we need one from you also
Old 07-19-2002, 09:00 AM

Christie- I've got a spare seat going!!!

Matt

Quick Reply: HELP - Working Holiday to the UK