UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Help Required

Old 12-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Help Required

Hi All

nickrg3 currently looks after the Definitive List of S2000's for sale, and the Dealer Satisfaction Survey. He's been in touch with me, as he cannot spare as much time currently to help with them, as he is travelling a lot with work.

So I am looking for a new volunteer(s) to spare a little time and help keep those 2 helpful lists up to date.

(I am going to be replacing the DSS with something more automated at some point in the future so that is not soooo critical)

Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks
Ian
Old 12-07-2005, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about I set up a forum or similar on my site for an automated DSS system? I get plenty of free tools so I can look see what is available. Is that possible?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:52 PM

Would any of these work?

PHPlist

Classifieds

Or how about a forum dedicated to only dealers by region. People can vote for each dealer and add their comments too. That could do it. No?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:56 PM

I have this too:

PHPSurveyor is a multiquestion surveying tool that allows you to develop, publish and manage surveys

and this

phpESP is PHP/MySQL-driven application to let non-technical users create surveys, administer surveys, gather results, view statistics. Any good?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i reckon rahula wants to do it.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:13 PM

Something php based could be knocked up, aye, but it would only be a different platform for the same thing. You'd still have to have one person entering the data as integrating it with the userbase here would be a nightmare (even assuming cthree allowed it, especially with the migration happening at the moment).

Having SAID that...you could have an entry system that was anonymous or at the most had a field where you put your username in, then had a nominated person validate the record entry. Confirmation that the person who it says entered it DID enter it could easily be sent via PM.

Yeah, that would work. I can knock something up like that if necessary.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:32 PM

I have this online software as I wrote above. I can easily set up regional sections and then make a list of dealers in that region in alphabetical order. I would then give a few options to answer to inc service, knowledge, price, promptness, facilities etc. This would be on a scale of 1-5. The final score would be based on the average of that users answers and the overall score based on all answers. Finally the user would be able to type any comments that they wanted to. Should I set it up on my site and then link to it from the FAQ here? I would allow anonymous access but could delete any unwanted posts. Also this would only involve the initial creation but after that it would be totally automated.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:36 PM

If you can, I'd seriously advise doing it the other way around, ie entries need validation rather than you ahving to "clean up".

There are some right dickheads out there who'd find it "fun" to stick hundreds of automated entries in.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

rahul, I am working on an automated DSS, it is my little project I've had a quick look at some OS - i think those you mention may have been some too, but it was a while back i checked

Thanks to those who have PM'd me, I will be in touch real soon!
Old 12-09-2005, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gosh - and on this occasion he hasn't asked his Dad.

I know why - 'cos his Dad is absolute rubbish as far as IT is concerned!

Quick Reply: Help Required