UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

help! my heated rear screen has stopped working!

Old 01-15-2012, 12:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both are momentary switches that use a latching relay to hold the circuit closed.

I do not know if they have a timer built in, if they do, it still works with a facelift switch, if they don't, it still works with a facelift switch.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by loftust
Both are momentary switches that use a latching relay to hold the circuit closed.

I do not know if they have a timer built in, if they do, it still works with a facelift switch, if they don't, it still works with a facelift switch.

they're both different types of switches though, not the same. the original button is a push for on (locks in "on" position) then you push it again to turn it off, the facelift one is just a push on switch (it doesn't lock in position)
Old 01-15-2012, 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Razor, to check to see if the relays from the pre-facelift S2000 and the facelift models are the same, check on www.hondapartsnow.com and cross-reference the part numbers, I would do it for you if I was on my laptop, but I'm sat on the crapper laying some cables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2012, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by carlip8
Razor, to check to see if the relays from the pre-facelift S2000 and the facelift models are the same, check on www.hondapartsnow.com and cross-reference the part numbers, I would do it for you if I was on my laptop, but I'm sat on the crapper laying some cables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for that, just had a look and both 2000 and 2009 cars have the same relay, part # PFKL571903

Doesn't answer the question about the switch though, the facelift one doesn't lock into position like the pre-facelift one
Old 01-15-2012, 01:05 PM

ok i think i've come up with a plan, as the switches are both different types, i'll get the garage to sort out whatever mess i've made.... then combine the old switch's electrics with the new switch, so it'll look like the new switch, but use the existing wiring. i've got a spare switch to butcher, so i'll give that a go!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:31 PM

Without looking at the circuit board, you cannot say whether the older switch holds power on or not.

Bearing in mind that both switches work with this relay, I would say that both are momentary, but the older one locks down (but not on the contacts), whereas the newer one returns to the same position each time it is pressed.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by razorsharp192
ok i think i've come up with a plan, as the switches are both different types, i'll get the garage to sort out whatever mess i've made.... then combine the old switch's electrics with the new switch, so it'll look like the new switch, but use the existing wiring. i've got a spare switch to butcher, so i'll give that a go!
Would be interesting to see what they find, might sound silly, but when you meant 'garage' I assume you are reffering to an autotechnician?

Let us know the results Razor as this could potentially help other owners with same problem
Old 01-18-2012, 01:50 PM

Well i got my car back, they said nothing was wrong, they "reset" it and everything just worked again, no blown fuses or anything! So i'm not sure what happened, but its working now so thats the main thing!

I've spent tonight butchering the 04 HRW switch and modding the existing switch to fit in the facelift centre console. I'll be fitting it tomorrow, i'll take some pics if i remember to show what i've done
Old 01-19-2012, 08:06 AM

There's no such thing as a 'reset'...

At least it's working
Old 01-19-2012, 08:22 AM

Maybe the reset was disconnecting the battery, press down brake pedal and left for half hour and then reconnected?

Quick Reply: help! my heated rear screen has stopped working!