UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hello and Goodbye

Old 02-25-2004, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie that was a dirty trick sticking that photo on there. She is gorgeous!!! Isnt she
Old 02-25-2004, 12:57 PM

there go my S-pods

Good news Rad....you gotta keep her now
Old 02-25-2004, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rahula
Also as has been mentioned tell HUK that Top Gear were raving about no failures of any honda vtec units and you are willing to show them the mistake of their views. Should help a bit I think!
I mentioned this to a dealer before i purchased an S , he quickly said that although it was excellent for Honda , it was in fact misleading as its the vtec system that has the reliability , not the lump.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Busamav
Old 02-25-2004, 01:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Radron,

I still think you should go after HUK on this. Keep the old engine parts and I would bet that if you had an engineering shop do some anaylsis and a report on the failed small end (if you ever needed to) you would get a report proving lubrication failure. As I said before, the ECU does not control the lubrication. Small ends are normally "splash lubricated", and not "force lubricated" as with the big ends/crankpin. You were told there was no scoring on the crankpin - I quite believe this but this would have b*gger all to do with proving the small end didn't sieze up.

Legally, I don't know what the position is but I would be surprised if you don't have a good case.

What I would say is that if you "go in the Honda shop shouting loud enough" they are going to want to shut you up on this and, if they don't pay you in full, they should make a good contribution.

Picture the story in Autoexpress, in Top Gear, wherever else you can get it run (after having shouted the odds at Honda to give them a final chance):

"Honda mod the lubrication system on s2000's to improve "splash lubrication" and give a year's guarantee on the work- punter's engine siezes up after the mod - engineer's report proves part siezed due to lack of lube - Honda refuse claim on the grounds punter changed some electrical parts on the car which were nothing to do with lube - result = punter stuffed for
Old 02-25-2004, 02:15 PM

^

Good luck Ron. Make `em sweat!
Old 02-25-2004, 11:00 PM

Radron.....excellent that you've found an engine at relatively reasonable cost.....I think you'd be mad to sell the car now......
Old 02-26-2004, 02:09 AM

Hi all

Too good to be true, its out of a written off Japanese import with no history. Chiswick have said that it would be a really bad idea to stick it in as its got no history so you dont know whats been done to it.

Hey ho. Ive actually been offered for the car with no engine, will cut my losses and just sell it in its current state I think.

Thanks all
Old 02-26-2004, 02:24 AM

Old 02-26-2004, 02:32 AM

OK all

I have accepted a price for the car without the engine. I have sold the mats and the PRM. I am waiting for a response from MDjonso for the S-pods.

I just have the HT and fitting parts to get rid of

HT cost me 550 will sell for 400ish
fitting and parts etc is 999.00 - 15% with a Honda revolutions card so please let me know asap

Anyone know how to reverse a Ill buy it on Ebay?

Quick Reply: Hello and Goodbye