UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Helfrauds Dent Removal Pack

Old 01-19-2005, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2,Jan 19 2005, 09:43 PM
I have the local chips away geezer booked in for feb.. a bloody ding courtesy of my fhuckwit dealer... i decided it was cheaper than hiring someone to kill FAT LES (hope he's reading) from Lookers...

I'll let you know on the results.
How to get the dealers to work with us

Old 01-19-2005, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interestingly enough (or maybe not) I make part of their dent removal kit for a local company. When I helped develop part of it they used a ratchet type tool to pull the dent out. I wasn't involved past this, but when they developed them they worked great on dents on large panels.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:46 PM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey k,Jan 19 2005, 09:52 PM
Nottm_S2 That'll be Lookers in Nottingham then!
Does that mean you use Lookers in Derby instead?
Let me know what the local guy is like - might get him to sort a few bits on mine if he is any good!
there are 2 lookers in nottm mate.. all lookers are owned by the same.. err.. people (do you prefer that level of censorship AE?) i believe ..

fat les is indeed fat, and called les, and his grease monkeys scratched my car and bar taking the useless cahunts to court without any solid evidence I could get nothing out of them..

the chips away guy even said there was no way this damage was done by anything else other than a mechanic under the car...

so dont ' How to get the dealers to work with us' me.. get me banned if you like, I'm telling people the truth, lookers (Lenton) are a sh1t dealer, les is a fat, lazy, gobshite wanker.

end of.

if you want me to dress em up, you're asking the wrong guy

on a more pleasant note didn't realise you were local mikey_k... I'll let you know (you can come look at if you like) the job Mr Chips does..

Old 01-19-2005, 01:48 PM

If you guys want a chipsaway guy in nottingham i know him, his name is Lium i do smart repair aswell and he is training me up, I have seen that guy work miracles and is very cheap too, a lot cheaper than bodyshops and i would say just as good. If anybody wants his number let me know you wont regret it.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:27 PM

I use Lookers on Lenton Lane and have always had first class service from them. I had trouble with gouged alloys when they took the car down the road for new rears once, but that wasn't Lookers fault. They did come good in the end and replace the alloys despite the tyre fitters being incompetant!

I always get the car inspected by someone before leaving the dealership, its usually Les. They probably think I'm anal but who cares It saves hassle if something happens. Actually they definately think I'm anal as the car was parked by the side of the building where I left it in the morning after the last service, rather than in one of the bays!

When a colleague dinged my car at work, Les put me in touch with Keith Baines. He did a perfect job, ok it was probably a textbook ding but he also sorted out a ding on a colleague's Jazz and has been used on Hazdjc's car I believe.
The number I have for him is 07973 400093

Hope its sorted out ok Nottm_S2, that sort of thing is annoying when you know its not your fault.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:26 AM

moor deybe, Les, back when I was on speaking terms with him about a year ago, told me about you, did you come on here and slate them for knackin your alloys? He did say they'd ended up sorting you some replacements.

He's your typical car dealer type, just talks all day and does no work (bit like me now)

another example - Went to look at a VW Passat (commuter) and it had so obviously been painted, inside the door you could see the seam of new paint, yet when I pointed this out to the dealer he kept saying 'oh its probably polish' blah blah blah.. Les is just like that.

Old 01-20-2005, 04:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nottm_s2 up for a before and after dent meet .
I'll PM my mobile no.
So where are you getting the S serviced now?
Old 01-20-2005, 12:45 PM

Mikey_K, yeah, got the PM mate, I'll give you a bell at the weekend and we'll compare body damage.. errr... enough said

My repair dude is booked in for feb 5th.. I'll get some before and after pics too although me camera struggles with very close up stuff.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use my camera if you like!
Old 01-20-2005, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2,Jan 20 2005, 10:26 AM
moor deybe, Les, back when I was on speaking terms with him about a year ago, told me about you, did you come on here and slate them for knackin your alloys? He did say they'd ended up sorting you some replacements.
Me rant..hey I can't deny it even the thread title had (long rant) in it
For anyone interested its here

I think I was fair in everthing I said. Reading it a year later I'd forgotten just how annoyed I was at the tyre fitters. I could happily have strangled them with my bare hands, but that would have been too good for them

It was sorted in the end after the dealer principal intervened. Thread here

I learnt what the buddhists mean by material possessions enslaving you, that day