UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HEL Performance 2012 Time Attack Build

Old 04-08-2012, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, took me a while... been through the whole thread, what a great and interesting read !!! Keep up the good work Ben !!!
Old 04-08-2012, 12:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

After a second look the charger looks to be sitting very close to the body and the subframe. Surely when the engine torques around that will make contact?

It might just be the angle of the photos!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:05 AM

I'm guessing you have to remove the air con pump to mount in this position and with stiff racing engine mounts there won't be an issue with the charger hitting the chassis or body
Word of warning for existing Rotrex owners, they need to be ordered and built to the specified angle you can't re mount a charger that was originally installed in the usual manner.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great. Fantastic build.
Also curious about the SC outlet clearance and the routing for the SC inlet?
What Rotrex unit are you using?

I've been running a C30-94 in this location for about 3 years now.

SC Thread
Old 04-11-2012, 06:04 AM

Clearance does look close to the chassis leg, but yes hoping TTS have done their homework and it wont be hitting anything

Pics of the current work going on. Not sure why the original plan to V mount the rad/intercooler has changed but looks good and plenty of room as is so no dramas there.

Hoping to get the car back towards the end of next week at this rate....

Name:  DSC05186.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  52.7 KB

Name:  DSC05184.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  DSC05185.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  56.4 KB
Old 04-29-2012, 11:36 AM

Hi Guys, I have been involved in doing allot of this install and Ben asked me to come on here and answer a few questions. So here goes.

This kit runs a rotrex c38-81 or c38-91 depending on required power.
The main reason for mounting the supercharger down on the bottom of the engine is because the belt run is much shorter than our road kit and the bracket assembly is much more compact and therefore stronger. This is not to say that our road kit is weak but in heavy race conditions we have had one or 2 issues with endurance race cars shredding belts after 5 or 6 hours racing due to the complex belt routing of the road kit generating allot of heat and eventually causing a failure. (I must stress that this is only on endurance race cars that get a real hard time! This is never a problem on road or track day cars)

Race cars also do not very often require aircon so hence we can use this location to mount the charger. Regarding clearance on the side of the chassis and subframe. With the biggest supercharger bolted in we have around 16mm clearance from the subframe, the side of the car is very close, around 5mm when you have the boost hose on but on both of these points Please remember that when under heavy acceleration the engine actually torques in the opposite direction pulling the supercharger further away from both of these hard points.

The original plan for the intercooler and rad where changed due to us not making the radiator. Ben supplied us with this item and it did not lend itself to a staggered design. The current setup is what we feel to be a very suitable solution for the intended use and we are very confident that we will see no heat issues with these cores. The intercooler is the same item that we run in all our s2000 race kits and they have been tested to in excess of 24psi with less than 0.5 psi pressure drop across the core and superb heat dissipation.

I think that’s all the questions I could find.

Pricing for these will be available soon once we have sat down and worked it all out.

Thanks.
Darren
TTS Performance.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys!

I see you have removed the cross brace that goes between the rad and the engine. Have you done anything to strengthen the engine bay in place of this?

I have often thought that it would be brilliant to get rid of this bar, as it would basically make pulling the engine with the box still attatched quite an easy thing to do without having to tilt things to an extreme angle or split the box from the engine.

Sorry if this has already been answered in the thread! I have been through 20 pages so far and not found it though!

Gutted I missed the Rota debate as well!

The project is looking awesome guys! Serious kudos to the work you do!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:59 AM

Well good news..........the S2000 is coming back to HEL on Friday!!!

Some more pics of TTS's fantastic work on our FB page in the meantime - My link

And tomorrow ill upload a pic of what I think is a pretty awesome looking S2000 steering rack we've been working on making look the business to fit onto the car when its back...

New 10.5 wide rear wheels and 9 fronts also now in, just waiting on some DZ-03 Dunlop rubber for them.

Plenty more final build pics coming in the next few weeks...

First test day booked on 22nd June at Silverstone....
Old 05-09-2012, 12:07 PM

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts

Oooh, them's big wheels! Looking forward to the finished article. Don't forget your video camera at Silverstone!!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:18 PM

There will be a dyno video first!

Originally Posted by chrispayze
Oooh, them's big wheels! Looking forward to the finished article. Don't forget your video camera at Silverstone!!

Quick Reply: HEL Performance 2012 Time Attack Build