UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HEL Performance 2012 Time Attack Build

Old 11-12-2011, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dash was flocked by My link. We cut it around the cage before we sent it off to be flocked.

A new T45 cross member will go in eventually but not until the V mounted intercooler and radiator goes in.....

And yes it should look pretty clean in there, with no battery, fuse box, brake servo, cylinders etc..

Originally Posted by rob2.2
Dash looks amazing, who did it? how does it fit around the roll cage, can you take a pic?

Engine looks lost in there without the front chassis brace, are you looking to keep the engine bay as clean as possible like Robert Reid's car??
Old 11-12-2011, 12:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking good But get an OEM oil filter on there
Old 11-12-2011, 10:15 PM

Oil filter is just what TTS supplied with the engine, its coming off this week anyway as we've got to fit the aftermarket sandwich plate for the oil cooler.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking great Ben. At this rate you'll be done before me! I'm having clutch issue with the CC twin plate. Not sure why yet. Going to drop the box off again Monday and check everything is as it should be.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
More to the point, where is the dry sump system?
The man has a point?
If no dry sump are you using a baffled sump at least?

think this should stay on topic of the build and not a filter argument
Old 11-13-2011, 10:34 PM

I dont know why this filter was fitted by TTS who supplied the engine but I do know its being changed anyway so I'm not going to make too much of an issue with them on it.

Engine is fitted with a Spoon baffled sump, we'll see how the testing goes before deciding on the addition of a dry sump. Fitting one will ultimately save the engine I know but if we arent getting surge/issues its a fair bit of weight saving to be had without one. I'm speaking to J's Racing and a few others about their experiences too beforehand, I'd rather hear it from people who've experienced these things first hand than read what could be online 'hearsay' and rely on that.

We also need to have this discussion with TTS as the install of the supercharger may get in the way of the dry sump pump and also cause pulley issues on some kits out there. You can trust its something which is being taken seriously and being looked at from all angles though.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by HEL Performance
a fair bit of weight saving to be had without one.
Maybe 2kg tops in terms of piping, extra oil and reservoir.

Of course, the other benefit is that less sump means you can mount the engine lower and you'll pick up some power from the lack of oil sloshing round interefering with rotation.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:05 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I guess you would need modified mounts on the S to get it lower, Ron?

But it does sit high in the S, so I bet it would feel notably better lower down. It's a big thing I prefer in an Impreza over an Evo, and you can actually feel the difference of the low slung Subaru engine.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:19 AM

Received 253 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Maybe 2kg tops in terms of piping, extra oil and reservoir.
The rally cars I looked after tended to have quite large oil tanks and IIRC it was approx 12 litres to fill the system and double wire braided hose was heavy stuff too, so I would reckon a lot more than 2kg.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Brilliant reading, and progress Ben

Quick Reply: HEL Performance 2012 Time Attack Build