UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HEL Performance 2012 Time Attack Build

Old 02-22-2011, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cyber gook,Feb 22 2011, 12:27 PM
I'll do the graphic design for you in return for some brake lines
You may be onto a winner there! I like the design as it is pretty much to be fair too so could be a good deal for you
Old 02-22-2011, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM me your number and I'll give you a call tomorrow regarding the design. Its kinda part of what I do for a living anyway. I have a pretty good template outside up on 4 axle stands as you might have seen. We get lots of automotive quility vinyl stuff done at work.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by cyber gook,Feb 22 2011, 10:02 AM

Insane!!! love how the decal goes onto the window. White looks much better IMO
Old 03-02-2011, 07:54 AM

Really liking the the white and red scheme.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:27 PM

Well, another chapter of this build began today.....

The shell is BACK IN HEL!

Once safely back under cover we admired the handy work of Nickson Motorsport, and immediately noticed the TOTAL lack of space within the cabin now!!

SO. First things first, we tried to lift the XL Corbeau seat into the drivers side....Not a chance! Cut the tunnel lip back so it was as slim as it could be. Tried again, still no chance!

Seats have therefore gone back to Corbeau this afternoon, and we'll be trying a std size seat for size on Friday. If that doesnt work we've got Corbeau on hand to make us a custom seat to fit, something which they do alot for the likes of BTCC teams.

Dash has been cut to fit around the cage, and rear subframe is being mock built up so we can see what we need to remake/improve before it all goes off to be powder coated.

Colour is definately now going to be white, with red/black/grey graphics. Just waiting on the bodykit to arrive and then we can get it in the booth for painting. In the meantime, the angle grinder is back out...prepare for more pictures of metal removal
Old 03-09-2011, 01:54 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Fitting seats in the S2000 is hard - my Buddyclub XLs only just fit (non FIA). It's the gearbox tunnel which causes the issue. But i'd thought a fixed seat would have been easier, especially with everyhting stripped?

I wanted to fit Exige S seats in mine, as I loved them in that car. I believe they are actually a Corbeau seat, maybe the LE?

If not Recaro SPG and SPA fit nicely.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:59 PM

I'll put some pics up in the morning, think the cage is the main reason. There isnt much left of the tunnel other than the bare skin now and there was still no chance of the seat fitting in. Also doesnt help that the Revolution seat we have kind of flares out which is where it catches mainly...all good fun!

Originally Posted by MB
Fitting seats in the S2000 is hard - my Buddyclub XLs only just fit (non FIA). It's the gearbox tunnel which causes the issue. But i'd thought a fixed seat would have been easier, especially with everyhting stripped?

I wanted to fit Exige S seats in mine, as I loved them in that car. I believe they are actually a Corbeau seat, maybe the LE?

If not Recaro SPG and SPA fit nicely.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will call you in the morning RE the graphics. I have tomorrow off so can get some stuff sorted for your concept guy.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:24 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Love the new look!

Red looks great on screen, but white will be stunning in person.

Good work
Old 03-10-2011, 09:19 AM

Really enjoying this build thread.

Fab choice of colour scheme - that was my favourite.

Quick Reply: HEL Performance 2012 Time Attack Build