UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HEL Performance 2012 Time Attack Build

Old 01-26-2011, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as others as said, the dash dodgers are not the perfect solution for someone wanting a cage that offers maximum protection and bodyshell rigidity.

the cage has to many bent sections, such as the rear legs, and mainly the s shaped front legs which in an impact effectivly act like an accordian.

the cages design would not meet any uk regulations, not only in the shape of the tubes but most likely the fixings as well.

it is not the sort of cage we would recommend, or copy, but we could offer a solution which still allowed keeping original roll hoops etc and a bolt in fitment, but the cage would be built to msa/fia regulations, so as to ensure it provides subtantial protection for the occupants.

we provide many cage installations for drift series in the uk, and many imported vehicles come with these style cages fitted. in japan they are not quite up to the same standard with safety products as in the uk, and when we were in charge of scrutinnering for jdm allstars drift series uk, we had to turn away many cars running these products as they didnt meet most or all of the specs required.

cage design and installation is one thing that must be taken seriously, as others have said, some cages end up being more dangerous than having no cage at all. if you ever end up needing to use the cage for its intended purpose, you need to be entirely sure that it will stand up to the incredible forces acting upon it in an impact.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:51 AM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

I would assume triangulation is the name of the game with nice straight members in between to be immensely strong in both compression and tension. And i can see the one being referred to here would be like a big weak spring made of ductile steel and fold up. Every curve is a point of weakness

The front tower struts that one sees have cranks in them and for the same reason most of the stiffness is lost as a result of the cranks. They will also act like big springs
Old 01-26-2011, 11:53 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Nickson, good to hear somebody who knows what they are on about
Old 01-27-2011, 11:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I might be able to provide a car which you can use to model/make a rollcage for group buy.

Joeh
Old 02-01-2011, 02:12 AM
Banned

update please

anymore work done?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:08 PM

Unfortunately no more pictures to post this week just yet, but lots going on....some of which I will reveal in full when our trader status kicks in later this week.

In the meantime:

Sprayer is looking at paintwork for us whilst we await the bodykit

Ohlins are sorting the suspension for us

TTS are beginning to strip the old engine and are ordering the new 2.2 Stroker crank and related parts from the US

Integrastella is sorting us hubs, arms, headlights and other bits

And finally we are sorting something else which I'll tell all about later in the week....
Old 02-01-2011, 10:16 PM
MB

Integrastella swears more than anyone I know Good man though.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll second what MB said about the swearing
Old 02-01-2011, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by MB,Feb 1 2011, 11:16 PM
Integrastella swears more than anyone I know Good man though.
HA. Yes I'm sure he would also laugh at the fact we do an awesome impression of him at HEL, swears like a trooper Love the fact all the packaging comes with at least a cut out of a stella box as a minimum too!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:58 PM
MB

Yes now you mention it... must be like a trademark

His packaging is always interesting / creative, but comprehensive! He has got me out of a few bonds though

Quick Reply: HEL Performance 2012 Time Attack Build