UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Heated mirrors - if only !

Old 11-19-2002, 04:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or maybe something like this (in silver/red) ?

156 watts
4-1/2" x 4-1/2"
Cigarette-lighter style cord 54" long
Use for travel, after swimming at the beach, and to defrost car window

http://www.go2marine.com/frameset.jsp?serv...id/68128F/&df=5
Old 11-19-2002, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, can just see peoples faces when you are sitting there de-misting your mirrors with that.
Then try and make out it isn't a hairdresser
Old 11-19-2002, 04:48 AM

Either way......i don't see why heated mirrors/front screen couldn't be an option for the EU models?
Old 11-19-2002, 04:58 AM

I personally cannot see why we don't have heated mirrors. This is not a cheap car after all. I think the argument about the car being sporty and therefore not needing these items is wrong. As for price, Honda could have stolen the heated element from any other car in its range, it is not a visual thing and wouldn't need adapting.

I would I also like to have auto dimming mirrors (especially like the VW type), option to have heated seats, better stereo and better high beam lights. I paid my money and love the car but on a day to day basis it would be nice to have some luxury.

Just because cars of past which are held in high regard don't have these items doesn't mean we shouldn't either. Well some good ol' cars don't have seatbelts or crumple zones, brake lights or good suspension. They also do not have ABS or airbags, does that mean we shouldn't either? Cars move on with the times as do people and their needs.

I think my point is obvious and trying to convey that if you don't want those items then at least they should be an options and people like myself can pay extra while others who don't want these things don't need to have them and everyone is happy!

Just been out for a blast on the A24 for my lunch hour!

Rahul
Old 11-19-2002, 05:23 AM

But is is a cheap car Rahul, for what you get anyway.
I suspect the additional cost of wiring the car and providing attachments to accept all these luxury items is prohibitive. As people below have said, it's difficult to see if/how Honda make a profit on the car as it is.

Seatbelts, ABS and crumple zones are safety items, all manufacturers have to have safety built into their cars as the technology is developed or else nobody will buy them (or they wouldn't be road legal in the first place).
Old 11-19-2002, 05:47 AM

I'm going to get that 12v hairdryer (seriously!).

I've been thinking about it since I posted the pic (which I did purely tongue in cheek). My car is parked on the drive every night and, on a cold frosty morning, I figure this would actually be the quickest and simplest solution. I'd do it while the engine and heater were running so that the whole car was defrosted and the cockpit was nice and warm before I set off.

Plus I'd be those many minutes closer to VTEC

I don't like de-icer sprays and scraping is a real pain (plus my coat gets covered in frost and snow while I'm doing it )

Pete
Old 11-19-2002, 06:54 AM

I think I'll stick to tipping hot water over the screen and mirrors. I couldn't stand the ridicule I'd get using a hair drier
Old 11-19-2002, 07:28 AM

Well, (a) there's nobody really to see me (not that I care, anyway) and (b) I find that, if it's really cold, tipping warm water over the screen and mirrors quickly just turns to cold water and then freezes again!
Old 11-19-2002, 07:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PWE 896
[B]
Old 11-19-2002, 07:42 AM

I guess it will be warm enough to melt ice though, Mike!

Quick Reply: Heated mirrors - if only !