UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Headlamp alignment woes - advice please!!

Old 12-11-2001, 01:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Voila!!

The shot was taken from about 15 feet. The camera was rested on top of the steering wheel and was pointing dead ahead. (I think I'm right on the distance but it will be in the original thread!)
Old 12-11-2001, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Cedric! (God I love this forum!!!!)

I'm sorry to have bothered everyone, I think this is *exactly* what my lights look like but I'll check again later now I have the picture. What had me worried was that downwards slant of the drivers side bulb - I couldn't remember seeing it before!

I can see the sligtly dimmer area in the center of the lights now... my memory hadn't remembered that detail from the picture, nor the fact that the drop down wasn't bang on the center line

Too much time on the forum I guess, I'm totally on edge waiting for a problem I blame IanL for reminding me of my Punto GT/ Fiat UK nightmare
Old 12-11-2001, 01:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tif:

I'd guess the notch is there to avoid blinding oncoming drivers. It doesn't look much but that slight difference increases with distance!
Old 12-11-2001, 01:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmm,

I 've got two notches!

I've been lowering the headlamps recently as people have been 'braking' me if you know what I mean. Motorway signs were fully lit-up previously now I just light the bottom of them .

6 mm Very long reach allen key does the jobby.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:28 AM

I originally was sure I only had the one notch, but now have two with a dimmer blurry bit in between them, basicaly exactly like Cedric's picture, so whatever I had originally it was his image that satisfied me to the state of mine now.

I thought I had previously found one thread saying there was a horizontal adjustment as well as the vertical, but cannot find it anymore. Does anyone know for definite that we can't line the notches up again??
Old 12-11-2001, 09:32 AM

Mine are pretty much the same as Cedrics if that helps.
Old 12-11-2001, 10:39 AM

Mine in fact do look just like Cedric's photo but I still half believe (like Ross I think) that I just used to have 1 very clearly defined notch... could be me spouting bollocks again of course

By the way, has anyone else played with their self-leveling lights?? Try this some time, park up somewhere with the lights against a wall and turn the engine off but leave the ignition on, open the boot and sit on the boot lip looking at the light pattern.... see (and hear) the motors re-align the lights They are pretty damn quick to react too (less than a second)

Gods I'm a sad kipper but I am reasured that the motors on both lights are working
Old 12-11-2001, 11:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tifosi Red
[B]
By the way, has anyone else played with their self-leveling lights?? Try this some time, park up somewhere with the lights against a wall and turn the engine off but leave the ignition on, open the boot and sit on the boot lip looking at the light pattern.... see (and hear) the motors re-align the lights They are pretty damn quick to react too (less than a second)
Old 12-11-2001, 11:12 AM

LMAO

I think in all fairness, mine is waaaayyyy sadder!
Old 12-11-2001, 02:06 PM

Ive also just noticed mine at two notches!
Im sure mine used to be only one....... and yep, I get people 'braking' me too...

Originally posted by UK Paul
Hmm,
I 've got two notches!

I've been lowering the headlamps recently as people have been 'braking' me if you know what I mean. Motorway signs were fully lit-up previously now I just light the bottom of them .
6 mm Very long reach allen key does the jobby.

Quick Reply: Headlamp alignment woes - advice please!!