UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Has anyone sold a car via Automatch?

Old 11-16-2004, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone sold a car via Automatch?

Hi all,

I'm soon to be an S2000 owner, I'm buying Roadkills car
I'm trying to sell my CTR, and it's in Autotrader.

A company I've never heard of called Automatch (www.automatch.info) have seen my ad and called me up.
They talk like they already have buyers lined up.

As you're all such a knowledgeable and friendly bunch, I though I'd ask if anyone here got any experience of them?

It's well worth paying them 60 or so quid if I get rid of the car ASAP, I need my S2000!

cheers
Rick
Old 11-16-2004, 02:09 AM

IMO All these companies that call for Autotrader ads are preying on people like you who are desperate to sell their car.

Tell them you'll sign something agreeing to pay them after they've found you a buyer, and see how keen they are to do business then
Old 11-16-2004, 02:14 AM

I'd be very careful with these guys, I've been through this before and in my experience it's mostly
Old 11-16-2004, 02:21 AM
GSi

There is a lot of talk about these guys on cliosport.net they won't sell your car and you won't get your money back. They have called me twice now - sunday evenings... told them to off both times
Old 11-16-2004, 02:57 AM

They (cardata but many of them stay trading but just change name from time to time) called me when I was selling my VW Corrado VR6 and I was at my parents house at the time (which is in a small village in deepest Kent). They said they had 6 buyers in a 5 mile radius. I made the point to them that it's very unlikely that's there's even 6 people in a 5 mile radius looking for ANY type of car, let alone a specific performance car. They had no answer to that and never called me again funnily enough.

Only hand over cash on completion of selling a car that they provide the buyer for. But, of course, this isn't how they work because they don't have any buyers - do you know anyone who has used these companies to BUY a car? of course not, so where do they get their 'buyers' from? fantasy land no doubt. They get your cash and then you never hear from them again.

Just about EVERYONE who is looking for a car, uses Auto-Trader, trips round car dealers, auctions, small ads or word of mouth/shop ads etc. They do not use these 'matching' companies.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:01 AM

ooh, thanks for the warnings, I'll be leaving them well alone then.

That was a narrow escape, I nearly went for it, but I told them to call back after my car had been in the autotrader for a couple of weeks.

thanks again
Rick
Old 11-16-2004, 03:47 AM

Hi Rick.

I've just had a nightmare trying to sell my MR2 Roadster over the last couple of months - luckily I managed to arrange a bridging loan (parents!) so I didn't miss out on the fantastic deal I got my 'S for.

Autotrader is good in a local area, but eBay is probably your best bet if your car only appeals to a niche market. You're covering the whole country with just the one ad, cost me about
Old 11-16-2004, 04:22 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Automatch Rip off IMHO
Old 11-16-2004, 04:38 AM

[QUOTE=c_a_r_t_e_r,Nov 16 2004, 12:47 PM] Hi Rick.

I've just had a nightmare trying to sell my MR2 Roadster over the last couple of months - luckily I managed to arrange a bridging loan (parents!) so I didn't miss out on the fantastic deal I got my 'S for.

Autotrader is good in a local area, but eBay is probably your best bet if your car only appeals to a niche market. You're covering the whole country with just the one ad, cost me about
Old 11-16-2004, 04:45 AM
GSi

Just put a car up on there myself

For those that don't know:-

Quick Reply: Has anyone sold a car via Automatch?