UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hardtop for sale on ebay - what is this guy on??????

Old 03-03-2004, 06:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rahula
Off to get a bite to eat. Should I have a sandwich or be healthy with a salad now?
Old 03-03-2004, 06:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pub lunches can be good, equally though they can be shit. I had a dodgy batch of coleslaw once.... yeuck.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kev mate do i have to write an answer to allllll your doubting questions! Now for starters like i mentioned before... "i" have had the fitting kit added to my s2000 and have now sold it but i kept the roof as i did buy it after i brought the car so the extra expense should surely be regained by myself?! Now do you really think that i might be the only bod in the country that has had this done to there "Roadster,I think not" and if and when they sold their car "maybe" they had decided to keep the hardtop to sell on! Thus! leaving the fitting kit intact!!!!!

So if in the event of this happening (as small of a chance as it may be!) i have "Clearly" told the bidders to take a quick look to see if the brackets are still there! and if so then there would be no need to go for the fitting kit and any extra expense just bid on the roof as if their car was a GT and not a roadster! After all i have the write to take of something was is my property to sell it on especially if the car did not originally come with the roof! and besides the person that brought my car would be in luck and have the brackets already installed on their car at no extra cost!

Now as for you saying that maybe i should state in the ad all the ins and outs of the fitting service.. then surly (like you said yourself) the paragraph leave a question mark above it! and that's where the "ASK SELLER A QUESTION" button might come in handy! If i stated that i fitting service was included for sure then i would have committed myself to the bidder and been obliged to offer the service... but the fitting service could be available if for instance the winner lived quite close and wanted to book the car in for the brackets to be fitted to their car or they wanted to come back at a later date and have the said same!!! and so on..

Also to the remark about the roof not being able to fit without the bottom brackets!!! "YES I DOES" because before i had mine fitted i collected hardtop form London placed it on my car and fastened the two top catches and drove back to Brum with it on my car,at a fair speed as well.. all i had to do was open both windows about an inch so as not to create a vacuum in the car! then i drove round with it on for about week until the brackets arrived in stock and it was very secure as well may i ad but obviously fully secure!...

What i can't understand is the fact that i am even offering the winner a chance to have the brackets fitted and "offering" a service.. i didn't have to do that.. how many people selling a hardtop do "you" know of would offer anything, You seem to have tried to pick the wording to pieces to make yourself feel better mate... but not to worry you are your own bloke and have your own views on how you would do things but i bet if you thought about if it were your ad would have just wrote the basic words "GT HARDTOP FOR SALE
Old 03-03-2004, 08:33 AM

well if you have had a hardtop on without a fitting kit installed it I stand corrected!

"You seem to have tried to pick the wording to pieces to make yourself feel better mate" I wasn't doing that at all, quite the opposite, I was trying to help.

English is my first Language although i'm very poor on grammar and spelling to name a few things, however to me the sentence...."A fitting service could be available but it "will not" cost but as much as the dealers no where near like their prices"!!! meant nothing. As i stated before i read it about 10 times trying to work out what you meant, 20 now!!!!

In this forum you went on to say something along the lines that you can obtain a fitting kit for the hardtop and could recommend where you could get it installed far cheaper then main dealer prices. I was suggesting you added that to your ad as it is far clearer and would probably get you more bids.

Do whatever you see fit, maybe i'm just dim and it was clear to everyone else reading the ad.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by cheshire_carper
This thread is fantastic. Best thread since Munroe.
Now there was an all time classic.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:51 AM

Ok Kev mate i can see learly now the rain has gone! thanks for you input but i have already amende the add in the bidder favour and don't think it wise for me to change it again! not really bothered too much about it now (the sale)beings members of this club chose to decide to email bidders and told them that i was ripping them off!!! So i think that says it all as far as i'm concrened.. Nasty people with not much else to do with there time and only enough to slander peoples name.... not a good thing for an supposied good organisation!

"but" in the words of Frank Butcher "i'm still standing"!

See ya
Old 03-03-2004, 08:52 AM

Ok Kev mate i can see clearly now the rain has gone! thanks for you input but i have already amended the add in the bidder favour and don't think it wise for me to change it again! not really bothered too much about it now (the sale)beings members of this club chose to decide to email bidders and told them that i was ripping them off!!! So i think that says it all as far as I'm concerned.. Nasty people with not much else to do with there time and only enough to slander peoples name.... not a good thing for an supposed good organisation!

"but" in the words of Frank Butcher "I'm still standing"!

See ya
Old 03-03-2004, 10:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by The Gov'nor

"but" in the words of Frank Butcher "I'm still standing"!

See ya
We can see that mate, your keyboard must have must have about 7 enter keys. Every entry is bobbed on twice - but no complaints here! 2 x inane is good where I`m sat.

Nasty us lot......nah.......we`re sweet here - but we keep it real.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:43 PM

quality thread

I logged on and thought I was in street encounters

man buys a donkey off a farmer in a pub for 25 quid
man goes to pick up donkey 1 week later-it turns out the donkey is dead
Man-"I don't want a dead donkey-what am I gong to do with that?"
"not my problem" says the farmer, "you didn't ask whether the donkey was alive or not"
Man takes the donkey away rather pissed off

2 months later the farmer bumps into the man, who is looking rather pleased with himself
"what are you so happy about?" enquires the farmer
"I sold your donkey for 2000 quid"
"2 grand, how did you manage that"?
"I held a lottery for a donkey-2 pound a ticket" says the man
"I sold 1000 tickets"
"didn't anyone complain" asks the farmer

"yes-but only the guy who bought the donkey, I gave him his 2 quid back"

no relevance to thread-just amused me
Old 03-03-2004, 01:10 PM

pop corn anyone?

Quick Reply: Hardtop for sale on ebay - what is this guy on??????