UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hardtop Fitting Kit

Old 08-30-2005, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtop Fitting Kit

Does anyone have any pics of what the Hardtop fitting kit looks like?? Preferably on the car...?!

I'm going to take a look at a salvage S2000 and want to see if it has a kit I can take from it. Its suppose to be easy to put on, but it is easy to take off??
Old 08-30-2005, 04:28 AM

Heres the full kit. you wont need all these bits if youve got the heated rear screen on your car.

shouldnt be any more difficult to take off. cant find the link for the handa-accesories fitting instuctions. if i can fit one anyone can. its just a matter of finding one from the breakers. any ive seen have been ransacked! i bought mine from hardtop guy. it cost about
Old 08-30-2005, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very easy to take off, most breakers though remove all internal panels which makes it even better for you as they sell them pretty quick. i think its a 16mm bolt if i remember but i could be wrong. and the wiring just clips in.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:49 AM

I have done this it took me 30 mins
you want the rear latch brackets behind the plastic rear quater panels you should take tha panels as well as they are slightly different + they have the plug socket for the heated screen
the centre consul switch for the heated screen and the relay from the fuse box under the dash
there is a small wire harness from the passenger side rear latch
some small rubber bump stops from the fabric hood folding mechanism
the striker plates from the windscreen
as mentioned it helps if the breaker has removed some of the panels
Make sure you keep all the bolts you remove from the doner car as they are longer than on the non GT cars.

I downloaded the fitting instructions from a thread on this site and they gave a list of parts plus the fitting instructions, its a big help. If you cant find them PM me on Friday and i will send the web address to you saturday

PS when I came to fit the screen heater switch my harnes inside the centre consul did not fit the switch, I havent used or missed the heated screen

I notice in the photo the kit of parts includes the latches that fit to the hood???
these are part of the hard top why would you need to change them?
I did not change the striker plates on my car and everything fits ok, is there some changes from the very early cars that requires this extra bit of kit, it does not list these parts in the instructions I have
Old 08-30-2005, 07:13 AM

Very early cars do need the strikers changing not sure why they would change the latches though?
Old 08-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Latches dont need changing - they are ON the hood and on the HT. The strikers do need changing - good idea to change them anyway as you'd be suprised how warn they are, and how much better the top sits with new ones
Old 08-30-2005, 11:37 AM

bastards.. costs you guys next to nothing
525 american it costs me.. the exchange rate is good for you guys
what kinda shipping do you get for international from him, just asking becuase friends want part and stuff and want to go through me
cuz i dont use international mail because of apo
Old 08-30-2005, 12:10 PM

US shipping to UK is normally pretty good.
$120 for 2 day air freight on a set of 18" Volks

Thing to watch is import duty though I guess you might be exempt?
Old 08-30-2005, 12:37 PM

I have an apo I get charged regualr priority charges in the states because it ships to some main hub in maryland I think then over here
and I can ship apo to apo for free ...
Old 08-30-2005, 12:39 PM

Ok been to see the car, don't now if it had the hardtop fitting kit as I didn't know what I was looking for but I did notice the mentioned plug socket which said 'hardtop' on the plugs cover. Does that mean it had the fitting kit??

Quick Reply: Hardtop Fitting Kit