UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hardtop buffers

Old 10-26-2003, 02:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtop buffers

I fitted my hardtop last weekend - yes, I know the sun is still shining but here in East Anglia we have a Lazy Wind: goes straight through you because it's too lazy to go round.

Two points:

1. I had forgotten how dead-drop-down gorgeous it looks (perhaps drop-down is the wrong phrase and maybe it looks so good because it's Silverstone). And - I am very glad I didn't succumb to the temptation to remove the black tape from the windscreen surround because I had forgotten that the hardtop window surround is also black

2. When I fitted the hardtop last winter I didn't notice that there are a couple of rubber buffers on brackets at the rear which are intended to hold the softtop down to stop it rattling (and presumably also to stop the softop being accidentally raised). One of these was missing, gone AWOL, either lurking somewhere in a corner of the garage or fallen down inside the softtop well. The bumpers are only held in place by an interference-fit stud so they can be dislodged quite easily - worth other hardtop owners looking to see if theirs are missing.

Priory Honda here in Cambridge provided a replacement buffer within 12 hours - I have the utmost respect for Honda UK parts delivery service - and it cost a magnificent
Old 10-27-2003, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was due to fit my hardtop this weekend when the clocks went back but no-one (that I'd trust to hold the other side ) was around, so its this coming weekend instead.

Wil have a look for these rubber buffers, thanks for the info