UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hard Top vs Rear Spoiler

Old 03-26-2002, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Top vs Rear Spoiler

Folks,

Don't get my car until August (Bummer - end of summer) and I am thinking of changing my selected option of a rear spoiler to a hard top ??

My question is - Is the rag top too much agro in the winter ? and those that own a hard top, was it the best option you bought ?

Cheers....
Old 03-26-2002, 10:55 AM

well IMO the S2000 with the hardtop does look stunning, i took mine off a couple of weeks ago and stored it to catch some of the better weather (??) now. I was soooo reluctant to take it of really, and found myself taking it off and going out and putting it back on..the car looks that good with it. It is stored now tho until the end of the year (

on the other hand...the rear spoiler is one of the best OEM accessories there is and i have only just gotten around to getting it. you can get some amazing deals now from the honda parts depts themselves...i managed to get mine with the full discount (plus a little more hehehe). all in...it cost
Old 03-26-2002, 10:56 AM

btw..my reason for getting the hardtop was that it was a deal (S2000GT) so it was hardly anything over list price..well
Old 03-26-2002, 11:08 AM

Get the hardtop, it's a more practical option and more desirable to most prospective buyers when the time comes to change.
Old 03-26-2002, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No contest. Between end October and about now (i.e. from clocks back to clocks forward) the hardtop is a must.... brilliant - warm, quiet, cosy and great visibility, plus it looks stunning.
Old 03-26-2002, 10:51 PM

I see that you all have forgotten why you bought a convertible
Old 03-26-2002, 11:13 PM

I'm with David on this! I drop the soft top whenever possible (as long as it's not raining). There is nothing quite as exhilarating as a crisp and sunny Feb morning zooming in a S2000 with the roof down.

Old 03-26-2002, 11:19 PM

I can see David's point - there were a number of occasions over winter when I would have loved to drop the roff but was encumbered with the hardtop. On the other hand, being an 01 plastic window owner it was really nice to have that big, heated glass window to see out of The hardtop is noticeably quieter in that it insulates you from ambient noise and it must be warmer too. I'll put mine back on again come October time.

As for the spoiler, I really think it depends what colour car you've ordered - IMO they look a whole lot better on say a black car than a Silverstone one...
Old 03-27-2002, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by Tifosi Red
I can see David's point
Me too. Thinking back, however, the number of days last winter when I thought "I wish I had the top off" I could count on the fingers of one hand. All the other, cold, grey, windy, rainy, manky days, it just felt great sitting snugly in the cockpit. Plus, as I said, I think the car looks terrific with the hardtop in place. For me, it's like owning TWO great cars, a coupe AND a roadster and each looks and feels very different. The least attractive option for me is to have the soft-top up so, yes, once Tin Liddie is stored away I drop the top whenever I get the opportunity (like coming into the office this morning )
Old 03-27-2002, 12:58 AM

Whilst I agree the hard top does look good, for me I think it would prove to be more of a PIA than an asset.

However:

Make sure all you hard top buffs read this thread. This has got to be one of the most practical cost saving posts I've ever seen on this board.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...highlight=stand

Quick Reply: Hard Top vs Rear Spoiler