UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Had a shunt this morning

Old 06-16-2005, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a shunt this morning

I was up at 5am dropping the missus at Dubai airport this morning as she's gone back to the UK for at least a couple of months. Things not really working out for her on many levels here, not least the fact that she doesn't like Dubai, and that fact that I have the tendency to be a twat sometimes - so that was emotional.

Got home and thought about hitting the sack for an hour or so but knew that I'd feel bollocksed if I did, so stayed up and pottered round the apartment doing this and that.

Thought for a change I'd get in the office nice and early so that I could leave early. Quick shower, shit & shave and off I go. I drive 200yrds to a junction with a Taxi in front of me. Car goes past, road clear, taxi starts to pull out, I check again that the road is clear and start to move. The taxi has stopped!!!!!!!!!! and I pile into the back of him.

Yes I should have paid more attention but there was no reason for him to have stopped.

No pics - missus has camera.

Front bumper dented and ripped - right hand light fine but pushed out of line - washer jet thingy crushed.

Insurance will sort it but what a royal pain in the arse. Luckily I have the GC. The hoops I had to jump through this morning to get the car to the right place with the right paperwork is a whole other story, one which I can't be arsed to go through. Lets just assume that it was not simple.

So now I'm tired, emotional and in a stinking mood. Must be getting in touch with my feminine side!

Ho Hum - Going to go out and get tossfaced this evening to celebrate all my good fortune.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:28 AM

Bums. I really feel for you Asterix. The car can be fixed though - it is just money. Sounds like a new front bumper and washer. Not to bad. Your missus may take a little more.

Hope you get this all sorted soon and you return to a bouncy happy person.

If you are going to get pickled this evening, leave the car keys at home!
Old 06-16-2005, 12:32 AM

Luckily no damage to any of the metal panels just the bumper etc...

Yeah there is work to do with the missus but this place even though I'm sure I'd get lots of support and good advise, is not the right place to discuss it.

And yes, it's insured with a
Old 06-16-2005, 12:37 AM
Banned

Shit luck mate, I've done the same before. You expect that people will make as well informed calls as you do when pulling away from roundabouts and so on, and you do not expect them to abort mid way through.

Hope things get better at home, hopefully you made the last few days count, and that you get the machine back on the road soon. How about an 04> bumper this time?
Old 06-16-2005, 12:42 AM

Opportunity to fit a Mugen front?

Or the 2004 bumper??
Old 06-16-2005, 12:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about your (multiple) troubles.

The damage to the car is a pain in the arse, but will be easily fixed.

I did exactly the same in my beloved Prelude a few years ago - I wa approaching a large roundabout, looked at oncoming traffic and worked out that there was plenty of space for me and the guy in front of me to enter the roundabout.....he thought otherwise and stopped!!!!!! I didnt....well, I did, but with my nose buried in his arse. You feel like having a go at them for stopping, but know that ultimately you are in the wrong.

Hope your day improves a little now!

Old 06-16-2005, 12:44 AM

Cheers BB/guys,

Yeah, it's been very sorted actually. She needed to go back anyway and what happened over the other weekend has been put behind us.

I did think about seeing what I could do with the bumper but I have other financial considerations to look at, at the moment the moment. I'm also a bit old fashioned that I like my cars stock. Helps when reselling, I feel. I actually prefer the >04 I'm afraid as well.

Taxi driver = Knob of the heighest order! I reckon he though someone had waved him down for a fare. But anyone who's been out here know that drivers do their own thing anyway and if that means stopping whenever, so be it.

On a positive note - the place where I dropped the car off at was full of Beemers, Mercs, Porkers etc... so the standard of finish should be good.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear this, always the way when things get on top of you, feel like your having a shit time then something further happens.

are they the loan cars at the garage? take your pick sir.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by ianl,Jun 16 2005, 09:42 AM
I did, but with my nose buried in his arse.
So you settled out of court then?

Old 06-16-2005, 01:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It happens mate and normally in the situation you explain.

I remember a very hard week that culminated in a straight 24 hour working session (back in the day when I had ambition and gave a shit I hasten to add, ie at least 10 years ago). I felt like crap and did what you did.

I wasn't totally to blame as 'she shouldn't have pulled out' but equally, I shouldn`t have been a tool and rammed her up the arse.

It happens and after we beat ourselves up thinking, why the f.ck didn't I rest or why did I not get a taxi.

F.ck it, it happened, you're ok, you'll think more rationally next time and avoid stretching yourself.

Quick Reply: Had a shunt this morning