UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Had a play with a vx220

Old 04-27-2009, 11:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Had a play with a vx220

Had a play with a vx220, an old chap with the roof off i had my roof up.

He was a little bit up my arse through some areas which annoyed me (I'm not going more than the speed limit i thought), i was going to let him past further on but he didnt take the opportunity. He came to the same bypass as me where there is a junction onto the bypass where he was very close behind whilst i checked in front.

I thought sod it no-one in front and road clear, I was in 1st holding the revs slightly and booted it from the junction, he was very close to me until 'IIRC' i got upto about 40-50mph then i convincingly pulled away from which must of been several car lengths if not more.

Came to a roundabout which i thought i overcooked TBH (oh crumbs) but i didnt , think this was what i felt was a limit with the 16's but the 17's took it well, as i left it hit vtec (think i was jammy the way it worked out, he caught up a little bit) again i pulled away by a good margin i slowed down when it got to silly speeds when i looked back he was quite a bit behind he then passed me flashes of acknowlegement exchanged i dont know?.

Thing is at the end my leg was wobbling!, i dont know if this was the adrenaline or being scared haha havent done this for quite a while.

Of course this was all in a dream i had .
Old 04-27-2009, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As cool as this probably was I got into quite hot water for something that was no where near a 'serious' as this. Be very careful doing this sort of stuff on the roads mate.

Not willing to post too much info about it on the forum at the moment as the post court m'larky is still ongoing (found not guilty so exploring our options against those involved from a CPS point of view now)
Old 04-27-2009, 11:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the lads in Italy had one and they are a quite a bit quicker in the right hands Not sure i like them though! Good fun though to have a blast against others ! Funny dreams...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by conanius,Apr 27 2009, 08:49 PM
As cool as this probably was I got into quite hot water for something that was no where near a 'serious' as this. Be very careful doing this sort of stuff on the roads mate.

Not willing to post too much info about it on the forum at the moment as the post court m'larky is still ongoing (found not guilty so exploring our options against those involved from a CPS point of view now)
Tis was a dream mate on Gran turismo 3.

I know what your saying fella
Old 04-27-2009, 11:53 AM

Ah, apologies, I missed the dream part ... !

Only reason I say is that if wasn't for the fact that I totally raped myself in legal fees and my freind who I was with had the ability to do so also we would have been totally destroyed, and as it happens wrongfully so.

Worth stating if your ever around at a herts meet i'd be more than happy to discuss it over a bacon roll/beer, but as it stands I don't want to divuldge too much info on a written format...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:59 AM

In this dream was it a NA or Turbo, sounds like a NA, turbo would of easily of kept up and passed you.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:04 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by conanius,Apr 27 2009, 08:49 PM

Very much agree. I heard of someone get banged up for similar when the other person crashed
Old 04-27-2009, 12:16 PM

No idea 'bigfecker'

I think you'd be right even with the modifications i have.

p.s TBH i bet most people have 'ragged' their cars before abeit in differing scenarios anyone who says otherwise isnt that way inclined or is telling porkies, not divulging.

Still i dont condone things like this in dreams.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:27 PM

I use to own a VXT
Old 04-27-2009, 12:29 PM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SideWaysOnFire,Apr 27 2009, 07:49 PM
One of the lads in Italy had one and they are a quite a bit quicker in the right hands Not sure i like them though! Good fun though to have a blast against others ! Funny dreams...
His was a turbo Burnie, this one sounds like the standard NA model.

Quick Reply: Had a play with a vx220