UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Had to do it!!!

Old 08-30-2002, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had to do it!!!

Been to see J101795, she looks gorgeous, Monday is too far away!!!!!!

Anyway Girls & Guys What's all this about DIAMOND GLAZE (treatment to protect paint work)

Honda rang me I said would I like to have the application uuummmm

Well said I would get back to them. So its over too you?????

Is it worth it???

Yours with big bags under his eyes Jamman Jersey
Old 08-30-2002, 06:58 AM

Kevin, great news !!!
Not heard of DIAMOND GLAZE - could be a one-off treatment to protect against chips and possibly to repel dirt ?
Post pics if you can !
Old 08-30-2002, 07:02 AM

MY appologies it's DIAMOND BRIGHT not Diamond Glaze??
Old 08-30-2002, 07:03 AM

My folks have just had the full Diamond Brite (or whatever the particular brand was) internal/external treatment w. gaurantee on their new motor and I have to say it looks pretty good. I am unsure exactly how long it can be expected to last but my first impression is good and it is a piece of cake to clean and refresh the external coat (special shampoo included)

I have to say I ENJOY cleaning and waxing nice cars so my waxing regime is not a chore, rather a pleasant passtime

Tif
Old 08-30-2002, 07:29 AM

I have decided not to get the Diamondbrite treatment on my S2K when it (finally) gets delivered. I have a colleague at work who had a Saab treated that way and they found it wasn't worth the money (IIRC Honda dealers charge about
Old 08-30-2002, 07:37 AM

Originally posted by Tifosi Red
I have to say I ENJOY cleaning and waxing nice cars so my waxing regime is not a chore, rather a pleasant passtime

And listed among Tif's other pastimes are self-flagellation, undergoing root canal surgery and listening to Celine Dion albums on auto-repeat for 12 hour stretches!
Old 08-30-2002, 08:05 AM

I had DiamondBrite put on mine, and while I would not say: Oh it's the best thing I've ever done, and you should never buy a new car without it. I would say it's made my car a hell of a lot easier to clean, especially bird muck etc. It basically is a semi-permanent wax and up to now has kept my car looking pretty good with minimum effort - anyone that has seen my car and thinks otherwise, feel free to disagree!

I find that any swirl marks/scratches that are not down to metal polish out extremely easily. The only 'battle scars' I have are deep ones as all my minor marks have come out.

I have started to look around at various other products (waxes etc) as the car is now over a year old and I feel it's about time I spent a bit more effort on keeping it's looks. Waxed it for the first time the other day without using any cleanser etc beforehand as I didn't want to 'strip' the DiamondBrite coating that has built up. The car is 'clean' enough to wax without cleanser because of the DB, and I am v. pleased with the result.

To sum up, I'd say if you've got the cash then do it. Don't believe Honda when they tell you that it will dissolve bird poo on contact, but surely any extra protection has got to be a good thing.
Old 08-30-2002, 12:06 PM

I too had Diamondbrite put on my new car a year ago and I would echo LB's comments. It doesn't shine as brightly as regualrly waxed, cars but it still looks pretty good and takes minimal time to keep in prety good nick.

I too only have a couple of small deep marks.