UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Gutted :(

Old 09-02-2004, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gutted :(

I've only had my S since saturday, and its in Showroom condition with only 7k on the clock.

Anyway, i was having a gentle drive to work this morning, about 60-70mph on a dual carriageway, when i pulled out to overtake a articulated "tipper" lorry. As i started to pass it started p*ssing gravel out the back, and i mean loads. By the time i realised where the gravel was coming from I was halfway past so i stuck my toe down and got past.

I looked in my mirror to see the car behind (brandnew celica) get showered and start flashing the lorry trying to get him to pull over i think. I pulled into a layby further up to inspect damage. Unfortunately the truck didn't come past me, so I couldn't get a reg.

My bonnet seems to have escaped with just one chip (will know for sure when i wash her tomorrow) - but my windscreen is totally peppered.

Has anyone had a replacement windscreen, are they as good as original (fitment etc)??

Thanks for listening to my moan

Andy
Old 09-02-2004, 11:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U shuold have gone back for the reg and company name and claimed off them!

Good luck with a new screen.

Might be cheaper for you not to claim on the insurance check your windscreen excess!
Old 09-03-2004, 12:01 AM

Windscreens seem to be a regular point of failure - I've had 2 in the last 18 months and am about to get another thanks to a crack.

My only word of warning is to watch the fitters, it's not an easy screen to fit I'm told - and last time I had Auto Windscreens out to fit mine, I wasn't there and my ex left them to get on with it in the garage at home. I ended up with broken and powdered glass all over the cabin and blood on the gear knob and passenger seat. Tossers.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:03 AM

Some insurers have a single glass excess (of about
Old 09-03-2004, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by mikey k,Sep 3 2004, 08:57 AM

U shuold have gone back for the reg and company name and claimed off them!

Good luck with a new screen.

Might be cheaper for you not to claim on the insurance check your windscreen excess!
I realised about the plate but it didn't come past my way so it must have turned off. I'd have had to go about 5 miles to turn round to come all the way back down.

My current windscreen excess is 50 quid, but on my new policy due to start in oct it will be
Old 09-03-2004, 01:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Pilkington replacements are a huge improvement over the Honda OEM one's.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:24 PM
P 1

I've picked up more chips in my windscreen over 4000 miles than I have in nearly 100,000 miles in the CRX. I know the S2000 is lower and the screen is more upright, but the oem glass does not seem to stand up to chips very well
Old 09-03-2004, 01:33 PM

Mine has quite a few, but none in the line of vision fortunately, nor too serious. Jockmeets take their toll on screens with the B road blasting - another good reason to take point

Barsteward truck though - I just wish someone would create a mini camera running on a loop so you could stop it after an incident like that and get the b@ggers. Needn't cost more than
Old 09-03-2004, 01:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by euan,Sep 3 2004, 10:33 PM
Jockmeets take their toll on screens with the B road blasting - another good reason to take point
Doesn't help with sheep though
Old 09-03-2004, 05:33 PM

MarkB - why do u have "Jilted John was right" in your sig ?

Quick Reply: Gutted :(