UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Granada Men And Motors

Old 12-01-2001, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Granada Men And Motors

From recent threads I have noticed that the majority of people on this board are big fans of Top Gear but think that Driven is pants.
Having recently converted from analogue cable to cable digital, we have recently discovered Granada Men And Motors.
I origionally thought it was all models draped across car bonnets etc but have been surprised to discover some fascinating and well informed motoring programmes.
Two which spring to mind were behind the scenes programmes about Formula1. One in particular followed Hondas involvement with Jordan and B.A.R.
If you get a moment, have a look, you may be pleasently surprised.

Old 12-01-2001, 09:03 AM

The Racing Arrows program is good as it follows the Arrows Formula One team and gives you a good insight into whats involved.

Some of the other stuff is pure pants, 'Ice with Jordan' is just an excuse to get Jordan flirting her jugs, the dialogue in it is appalling and you can tell its all false. The other pants is car crazy Katie, although I enjoyed the pics of the recent track days at Oulton last night, say lots of familiar faces from my visits there including my instructor, would have been a good program if they'd have dropped Katie.

A lot of the stuff is old repeats, the top 10's drive me mad as they are well out of date and so far I dont they have ever had an S2000 on any of the programs. Still its a gap filler after 9pm when theres nothing else on.
Old 12-01-2001, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes there's some good stuff on M&M but having had our cable T.V. connection for about 3 years it gets pretty tedious watching repeat after repeat!

They did the shortest ever review of the S2000 on 'Motorweek' where the woman reviewer said it was an "Awful lot of money just to lose your driving licence"
Old 12-01-2001, 10:34 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
They did the shortest ever review of the S2000 on 'Motorweek' where the woman reviewer said it was an "Awful lot of money just to lose your driving licence"
I quite like that description of the car!

Mind you, as a piece of journalese, it's complete crap.
Old 12-02-2001, 02:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I watched M&M for about 10 minutes one night while I was back in the UK..... certainly saw a lot of naked women on it, didn't actually notice much "motor" content though (I guess watching at 11:30 at night isn't the bext time for the car reviews is it
Old 12-02-2001, 10:43 PM

Originally posted by tokyo_james
I watched M&M for about 10 minutes one night while I was back in the UK..... certainly saw a lot of naked women on it, didn't actually notice much "motor" content though (I guess watching at 11:30 at night isn't the bext time for the car reviews is it

I am usually fast alseep by then.
The decent content I have seen has been early in the evening.
Old 12-02-2001, 10:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY

I am usually fast alseep by then.
The decent content I have seen has been early in the evening.

Do you mean decent as in "not obscene" or decent as in "good quality"
Old 12-02-2001, 11:00 PM

Originally posted by tokyo_james

Do you mean decent as in "not obscene" or decent as in "good quality"
I have to admit, that could be read across both ways.
In this instance I mean good quality petrol head programmes.
Old 12-03-2001, 03:46 AM

I gave up watching GM&M when I saw one of the bimbo's saying how the new Celica 190 didn't have much oomph until the turbo kicked in . Almost as bad as that long blonde haired airhead they had on top gear for one series - Kate Humble I think her name was.
Personally, I prefer Drivel (sic) to Top Gear. TG now spends half of the programme telling you what's coming up next. Half of what's left is spent with 'arty' camera angles making sure you never get to see the car properly, and the rest is Tiff tailsliding some car around a circuit (that bit just makes me jealous). The other week, the entire programme was an advert for the Ford Focus. Nice car (despite being a Ford), but come on, there are other makes out there.

Steve
Old 12-03-2001, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kate Humble AAAAAgh!! Can't be doing with HER! Sorry!!

Quick Reply: Granada Men And Motors