UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Got Sold A CRAP S

Old 10-05-2009, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Sold A CRAP S

Hi there

I bought my car a week ago a number of problems have arisen, it needs a new idle valve controller, steering rack has gone as when i turn i hear a knocking noise and the clutch master has failed.

Quote from honda for a steering rack £2200.

I've had the car for almost a week and bought it from a trader what i want to know is. What rights do i have? Ive been told that legally the trader will have to refund the amount for my car without question.

Can anyone share some light or has anyone been through something similar before?
Old 10-05-2009, 09:17 AM

Gutted for you mate. This link should shed some light on your position. All I'll say is the faster you act, the better your chance is of getting it sorted.

Best of luck

Jimi

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_w...gainst_a_dealer
Old 10-05-2009, 09:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you sure its a steering rack? Doesn't sound like it..

Honda are known for just saying anything they feel like and charging ridiculous prices, maybe you should get it checked up somewhere else?

Did you buy the car with warranty? if so, go back to the dealer they should rectify any problems with it. Actually, since its only a week of ownership you should go back to them and get them to fix everything at their own expense anyway regardless of warranty.

I doubt about refunding the purchase; this is not a normal practice.

If its a proper dealer then the vehicle should have been verified/approved by AA anyway before its been for sale.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:23 AM

steering rack is a fairly easy diy fit just remove front suspension then its 4 bolts. a secondhand one shouldnt cost more that a couple of hundred tops. "the idle value controller" is this casue it judders sometime at slow speeds? this effects lots of cars and most poeple live with it.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:28 AM

Hi guys just got off the phone with trading standards they said im entitled to a full refund or repair.

It does seem like the steering rack because the EPS light comes on and it seems that the power steering has failed causing that knocking sound.

The idle valve controller needs replacing as it simply revs at idle too high and sometimes sitting in traffic it just bounces from 2k to 1k on and off
Old 10-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by kaleemaa,Oct 5 2009, 05:28 PM
Hi guys just got off the phone with trading standards they said im entitled to a full refund or repair.
Do they?

Let us know how you get on.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Oct 5 2009, 09:32 AM
Do they?

Let us know how you get on.

Yes but now I need to see how smooth this goes with the trader
Old 10-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

indeed
Old 10-05-2009, 09:42 AM

Play nice with them....... to start at least.

Even if they're in the wrong, they are the ones that you want to write out a cheque and being nice, but firm, is likely to get you a good result faster!

Jimi
Old 10-05-2009, 09:43 AM

It's a shame because i really love this car and am kind of put of it now. I cant seem to find any breakers that stock this steering rack either.

Quick Reply: Got Sold A CRAP S