UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Got my S today, and have a couple q's...

Old 03-25-2004, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SideShowB0b
Oh yes, have to mention this, the sales guy passed me onto the woman who handles the paperwork, and we're sat there chatting, and she goes "nice car arent they, not bad for a 1.1".
Old 03-25-2004, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by SideShowB0b
Theres also a wierd tool, looks like a big T, and has three little metal bits sticking off the bottom, no idea what the hell that does???

Graham
Ah now that's the manual lever for the "Sun Roof"!
Old 03-25-2004, 02:44 PM
GSi

Blue Circle will be for the hole where the towing eye goes in the bumper. The arrow bit is to thread through a little square plastic eye inside it to make sure you don't loose the circle should it come loose.

No idea on the tool... photo?

The clutch is very responsive/sensitive, you will find that if you cause the car to jerk slightly it will make your foot move slightly on the throttle and modulate very quickly on and off. This will in turn make the kangarooing effect even worse. This tends to happen sometimes (without your assistance) when you sit in traffic for a long time and the air under the bonnet gets very hot. You have to ride the clutch or supply a few more revs in this case to move away smoothly.

Make sure you run the car up to at least 3 bars temp (preferably 5 miles or so) before VTECing once run in as if it's not hot, the rev limiter cuts in early and it is a bit of a shock the first time you do it

Is it brand new? If so, go back to the dealer and demand a handbook!

Sounds like we don't need to tell you to enjoy your new toy (sorry) car...
Old 03-25-2004, 05:35 PM

Cheers all!!
Its not brand new, but is from G & M Honda, so will call them tomorrow about the handbook, it really should have one.
I certainly managed to make the kangarooing worse while trying to make it better, but will give a few more rpm, hopefully ill make cooler progress down the road that way, lol, nothing like being in an attention grabbing car and bunny hopping down the road

and as for being that way inclined, the Nurb Blue is for those males who are confident enough in their own sexuality to drive around in a sparkly car I really shouldnt have worn my pink crop top and leather hot pants thou, it may have given off the wrong impression
Old 03-25-2004, 10:41 PM

I reckon SideshowB0b is the Carper in disguise
Old 03-26-2004, 02:48 AM

Originally posted by SideShowB0b
Cheers all!!
Its not brand new, but is from G & M Honda, so will call them tomorrow about the handbook, it really should have one.
I certainly managed to make the kangarooing worse while trying to make it better, but will give a few more rpm, hopefully ill make cooler progress down the road that way, lol, nothing like being in an attention grabbing car and bunny hopping down the road

and as for being that way inclined, the Nurb Blue is for those males who are confident enough in their own sexuality to drive around in a sparkly car I really shouldnt have worn my pink crop top and leather hot pants thou, it may have given off the wrong impression

As for the bunny hopping just dip the clutch and give it a few more revs, it will soon become 2nd nature, oh and get that air box lid off if you haven't already, that will make you smile!
Old 03-26-2004, 03:11 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Enjoy!

Put a blob of Poxy Resin on the devil's tail of that towing eye cover. That way it can't fall out of the bumper!

The kangarooing may be helped by bashing tha MAP sensor. Failing that, a cold air intake instal will cure it.

If yours is a 1.0, take it back so they can instal the other 2 upgraded spark plugs. They did mine all at once!
Old 03-26-2004, 03:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cheshire_carper
Old 03-26-2004, 03:51 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

I also presume a "wankle" is a sort of "chick flick?"

Old 03-26-2004, 06:23 AM

It most definitely is a chick flick, wasnt great though, just had a bunch of people wankling

Well, its been a couple years since Ive gotten up at 4.30AM to go for a drive, thats was wicked fun, roads were dry, and I found this lovely sweeping right into left, that then goes under three bridges!! windows down, max out the RPM, and its motoring heaven, lol, to coin a cheesy phrase.

I feel that bit of guilt though, poor engine, its going to live at 9000RPM as long as I have it. Took a mate out from work a little earlier, and found some wicked dual carriageway, and one of them was a, er, racetrack, and did some pretty decent speeds, really going all the way to 9k between gears and topped 4th.

Whats wierd is, Ive had an Integra R, and a Clio 172 Cup (see, I have a history of girls cars, the shame ) Now on paper, there isnt a huge difference performance wise, about 17.8 secs to 100 for both those, whereas the S2k is about 14.5 odd(?) well the S2k feels tons quicker than either, I was leaving cars way behind when accelerating hard, must be those3 seconds, but never expected such a huge performance diff.
Very chuffed, finally found a car I feel fulfills everything I want from a car, how come I didnt discover these two years ago!! could have saved a bunch of money changing cars, oh well.

Quick Reply: Got my S today, and have a couple q's...