UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Got my S today, and have a couple q's...

Old 03-25-2004, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my S today, and have a couple q's...

I picked up my Nurb Blue this morning, and have spent all day enjoying it!!
Had the top down for a lot of it, and was very impressed with handling, performance, fun, and even the stock stereo, so just completely chuffed that I got one

Couple things, I didnt get a Owners manual, just a service book, so will be looking at the FAQ's for anything I get stuck on, but just a couple quick q's...
Theres a small blue circular plastic bit in the same colour as the car, with a plastic arrow bit protruding off the bottom, looks like it plugs into somewhere in the bodywork, any ideas where it goes? its about 7cm accross.
Theres also a wierd tool, looks like a big T, and has three little metal bits sticking off the bottom, no idea what the hell that does???

Im having a bit of a struggle getting used to the clutch too, it seems to bite quite aggressively, and makes a bit of a grind sound if I change at low speeds (traffic situations), also bunny hopped for quite a while!! lol, seems so sensitive to inputs, car was very jerkey when cold.

Are these simply things I need to get used to? I imagine so, it seems to run fine, so dont think its a prob, but that clutch will take some use to get the hang of I think.
Needs rears, so thats first on the list.

Cant get over how good the car looks!! in Nurb Blue it just looks stunning, really sparkles, so good choice of car and colour I think, id even go so far as to say definitely the best colour

Cheers to everyone for the help and advise, excellent forum, see you on the road.
Graham
Old 03-25-2004, 11:27 AM

good choice of colour.

the only colour that comes close is the MCB now discontinued- but showed all the shit.

the clutch is fast - dont ride it & you'll get used to it.

look in the FAQ on this site it really is the best info you'll get on this car.

can't stress this enough check the fcucking oil alot especially after run in.

W
Old 03-25-2004, 11:42 AM

Oh yes, have to mention this, the sales guy passed me onto the woman who handles the paperwork, and we're sat there chatting, and she goes "nice car arent they, not bad for a 1.1".
Now I figure she's having a joke, so I came back with some nonesense about it being a 1.1 Fiesta engine in there, lol, but no, she's serious!!
I tried to correct her, but she was actually adimant its a 1.1, I kept waiting for her to get to the punchline, but it never happened!! she even said she'd been driving one regulally, mustve thought it was the fastest 1.1 in the world!!! perhaps it had an F1 engine in there or something

I just shook my head and left her to her delusions of 1.1 performance, its amazing these people work with the product all day every day, and still know nothing about them.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This was a Honda dealership?
Old 03-25-2004, 11:45 AM

I'm guessing the small body colour thing is the towing eye cover for the rear bumper and if you've already got one installed keep it handy as they have a habit of losing themselves
Old 03-25-2004, 11:52 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by SideShowB0b
I think, id even go so far as to say definitely the best colour
If you are that way inclined
Old 03-25-2004, 12:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SideShowB0b
Old 03-25-2004, 12:54 PM

B0b, get yourself a handbook. If you bought it from a Honda dealership demand one, if not it is classed as a spare part so your local dealer will be able to get one without any problem.

You will need it for fuse diagrams if nothing else
Old 03-25-2004, 12:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cheshire_carper
Old 03-25-2004, 01:20 PM

how will you fill up the petrol without the having to find it in the handbook?

Quick Reply: Got my S today, and have a couple q's...