UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Good Evening s2k!!

Old 07-19-2002, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alex,

It's black with red.
Just re-assure me you weren't the cheeky bugger who shot past me yesterday in the Axa Sun-Life lane and then cut back in to go past Parkway!

Don
Old 07-19-2002, 10:30 PM

Originally posted by K666Don
Alex,

It's black with red.
Just re-assure me you weren't the cheeky bugger who shot past me yesterday in the Axa Sun-Life lane and then cut back in to go past Parkway!

Don
Don,

Rest assured it wasn't me - I've been in St. Ives this week

I'll keep a look-out for you...

Alex.
Old 07-19-2002, 10:55 PM

Dan,

If you're still about and not set off for Bristol yet, give me a shout - we'd love to meet up with you!

(Just got back from a couple of days in St. Ives - fantastic weather )

Alex.
Old 07-20-2002, 02:18 AM

Don,

appraisal of type R versus s2000, please?

Just admitted to my mate that my new s2000 will be with me by end of month.
His response was "cool-but his itr would still be faster".
I didn't respond to that.
Old 07-20-2002, 09:57 AM

Bonsey,

Good question. I think I'll hedge by bets on which is best behind the old "different cars - different bests" line. I should add at this stage that my wife has Civic Type-R so I'll include that as well.

Firstly straight out speed: S2000, Civic, Integra. The civic acceleration is deceptive it's quiter than the other two and not quite as bone wrenching as the S2000 or the Integra but personally I think its faster.

Secondly handling: Integra, S2000, Civic. The suspension set-up on the Integra is the best I've experienced. Despite its stiffness it fairly forgiving and once you've got used to the slight understeer a precise as you could want. I place the S2000 next, despite its rear wheel drive which as you would expect is less forgiving than the other two. The problem I have with the Civic is the cabin/driving position, I don't feel as "connected" to the car as with the other two and find this makes me less sure when cornering hard.

Comfort: Civic; S2000, Integra. What you would expect really the Civic is after all a family car with a huge engine. It's quieter, roomier etc etc. The Integra on the other hand becomes bum-numbing and loud after two hours on the motor way. But then again its had minimum sound proofing and was never intended for your grand-mother to drive.

There that's about as wishy-washy diplomatic as you can get - but I'm sure I will have offended someone

I've yet to get my hand on an NSX!

All in all I reckon Honda have it cracked - but its a pity that they're discontinuing the Integra in favour of the Civic because they are different cars and would have fitted together in product range.

As a previous owner of three Nissan SX200 I'm glad I made the change - Nissan turbos are attrocious - I've worn one out - had another fall off!

Cheers

Don
Old 07-24-2002, 07:35 AM

Thanks for the reply Don,

also, they've discontinued the old shape Integra over here, but word is they'll be introducing the new shape Integra perhaps next year.

This is already available in US, and looks good, much more meaty than old style integra, although perhaps also much more heavy?
Old 07-28-2002, 10:54 AM

Don/Alex

Could have been me passing UWE the other week. And for my sins, I also live in Bradley Stoke.

G
Old 07-28-2002, 10:57 AM

Hi Glennyboy

Welcome to the board! What colour combination do you have?

If it's a Silverstone, were you driving up Park Street yesterday? ChrisX might have seen you if it was you!

Alex.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:08 AM

Hi Alex

Silverstone with black but it wasn't me in park street. Seems to be lots of S2000's round Bristol!

G
Old 07-28-2002, 11:23 AM

Originally posted by glennyboy
Seems to be lots of S2000's round Bristol!
So it would seem! However, there are only a "select few" who are on s2ki.com - you, ian, k666don and myself (I think - I may have missed out one or two by accident).

It would be great to get everyone involved so we can have a real 'Bristol community' etc. - maybe that's wishful thinking though...

Alex.

Quick Reply: Good Evening s2k!!