UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Genuine Honda Shin Etsu Grease - you get can it from here!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue monster
I wouldn't worry as long as you have paid by Paypal.

You've got to remember if customer card details held by PayPal had been hacked in to, leaked, etc, it would be all over the news and there would be more than one of us saying their account had been raided.

I hope Mike gets his fraud sorted
Just another quicky to say mine arrived today, very impressed. No problems money wise, so I think the panic was unjust in this instance. Hope you get to the bottom of it and sorted though.

Cheers all
Old 03-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Community Organizer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike - any update on what happened given that every one else has had no issues - did you speak with PayPal?
Old 03-08-2012, 11:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my shin etsu lube also arrived a few days ago. Strangely, my ITunes account was locked recently...not sure if this is related.....

Just been through my accounts, nothing odd to report.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Juicy Steve
Anyone bothered trying Servisol Silicone grease. I used it last week and its worked a treat, seals used to piss not anymore!
Yep, from Maplin...which I got ID'd for
Old 03-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Community Organizer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am sat here scratching my head trying to figure out why people who have paid for goods via PayPal are putting 2 & 2 together & getting 5.

I go back to what I said a few days ago - if customer card details held by PayPal had been hacked in to, leaked, etc, it would be all over the news and there would be more than one of us saying their account had been raided.

According to this thread Boot lid spoiler there are a shit load of us, including myself who have purchased a spolier from Taiwan - all from ebay & all using Paypal.

Do we all go in to panic mode and cancel our cards just in case or do we be realistic and just accept that this is an isolated case of fraud?

And to qoute AntiguaBill 'No problems money wise, so I think the panic was unjust in this instance'
Old 03-08-2012, 11:54 AM

definitely sounds like an isolated case to me, I am far from being in a panic.

Hope your problem is sorted soon Mike.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Floppy
Originally Posted by Juicy Steve' timestamp='1330113621' post='21448036
Anyone bothered trying Servisol Silicone grease. I used it last week and its worked a treat, seals used to piss not anymore!
Is it possible to abuse grease? I've not got much on tonight might have a good sniff.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Juicy Steve
Originally Posted by Floppy' timestamp='1331239711' post='21490776
[quote name='Juicy Steve' timestamp='1330113621' post='21448036']
Is it possible to abuse grease? I've not got much on tonight might have a good sniff.
[/quote]

I have no idea but when I asked the lad behind the counter said that anything that contains solvents they have to ask for ID if they think you look under 21...so I took it as a compliment seeing as I'm 10yrs beyond that...I also pointed out that silicone grease doesn't contain solvents, hence my reason for buying it
Old 03-10-2012, 11:20 AM

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

Arrived yesterday without any problems. all greased up today. thanks for the tip BM

Whilst greasing I noticed that the seal next to the n/s door pillar has a cylindrical piece of rubber fixed into the gap in the seal (its about 2" long and 1/2" diameter.. Not so on the o/s. anyone know if this should be there ? and does it do anything.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 AM
PHo

Originally Posted by Floppy
Originally Posted by Juicy Steve' timestamp='1330113621' post='21448036
have you got a product code for it or just ask at the counter at the back? just had a look on maplin online and couldnt find it =/

Quick Reply: Genuine Honda Shin Etsu Grease - you get can it from here!