UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Genuine Honda Shin Etsu Grease - you get can it from here!

Old 02-25-2012, 08:51 AM
Community Organizer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 03-01-2012, 03:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just in case there are any people around who can't quite work out why this grease is so expensive, I mailed CRC Industries, the people who make the Servisol silicon grease you can get in Maplin's. I sent them links to the tech spec of the Shin Etsu grease so they could make a comparison, and told them of the use I wanted to put the grease to. Here is their reply:

I am sorry for the long delay in my reply, I received your mail and forwarded it to our technical department but I have been out of the office for most week and unable to respond.

I liaised with technical and they advised that it appears to be a similar product and could be used for the same applications.

It's on my seals now. I'll report if they shrivel up and die ...
Old 03-01-2012, 03:51 AM

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
Just in case there are any people around who can't quite work out why this grease is so expensive, I mailed CRC Industries, the people who make the Servisol silicon grease you can get in Maplin's. I sent them links to the tech spec of the Shin Etsu grease so they could make a comparison, and told them of the use I wanted to put the grease to. Here is their reply:

I am sorry for the long delay in my reply, I received your mail and forwarded it to our technical department but I have been out of the office for most week and unable to respond.

I liaised with technical and they advised that it appears to be a similar product and could be used for the same applications.

You poor deluded fool, your seals will crumble to dust. How could you use something that is not the "proper" stuff.How could you possibly imagine that Maplins silicone was as good as Shitetsu silicone.It can't be, it is cheaper!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:55 AM

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by blue monster
] but I would rather put the proper stuff on my car.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heinz '57
Originally Posted by AndyL' timestamp='1330605583' post='21465539

You poor deluded fool, your seals will crumble to dust. How could you use something that is not the "proper" stuff.How could you possibly imagine that Maplins silicone was as good as Shitetsu silicone.It can't be, it is cheaper!!!
I put it on my car and my car started using heroin and sucking men off for £10
Old 03-03-2012, 01:05 AM

WARNING..... i have ordered this stuff and my card details have got out and used abroad. this is the only way they could have gotten out, i have checked so anybody who has oredered this check your bank statements!!!!!! £250 in 4 different transactions.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:18 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by mike_s2000
WARNING..... i have ordered this stuff and my card details have got out and used abroad. this is the only way they could have gotten out, i have checked so anybody who has oredered this check your bank statements!!!!!! £250 in 4 different transactions.
Moderator comment: Where did you order from, Ebay, or Chiltern Connections? (I'm guessing Ebay).
Old 03-03-2012, 04:56 AM

yes ebay!!grease arrived today from las vegas. someone has spent a fair bit on itunes america with my card details
Old 03-03-2012, 05:42 AM

I thought paypal kept your bank details hidden? Or at least part blanked out?

Are you sure you don't have some kind of virus?
Old 03-03-2012, 05:57 AM

I also bought from the same seller an haven't noticed anything go missing. I shall check my bank statements tonight and let you know, but as I said, I'm sure paypal don't release details; perhaps its worth a phone call to them?

Quick Reply: Genuine Honda Shin Etsu Grease - you get can it from here!