UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

fuel rail / throtle bodies

Old 08-03-2007, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel rail / throtle bodies

hi guys i was woundering if any of you could help me out with a few querys, with my car in bits right about now i am looking to do somethink with the engine while its getting sorted out, i am looking at fuel rail injectors and throttle bodys, my question is this if i buy a fuel rail do i need to upgrade the injectors etc? or would i be ok just to buy one of the throttle body/injectors/fuel rail with out having to buy the other parts. if its a case of buying the lot then my other question would be do i have to upgrade anythink inside the engine retainers/springs etc?,

skunk2 fuel rail
70mm skunk2 throttle body
rc injectors 450cc

what would i be expecting bhp wise out of each upgrade.

also i read some were a gasket would be of some use to me to? could anyone explain more on this for me please.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You wont be needing RC injectors just using a 70mm throttle body, and if you do get injectors you will need some extra sort of engine management to run them as stock ECU wont.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:45 AM

i see, i was just presuming that the injectors would give me more fuel = faster ha so if i get injectors i need a ecu aswell? ok so maybe they might be put off for a while, is it worth getting the fuel rail with out injectors? if i just use the throtle body will i need to upgrade anythink else?
Old 08-04-2007, 06:21 AM

Fuel rail isn't really worth it, its more bling than anything, yanks are running 500+BHP still on stock rail.

Throttle body is ok as long as you have some sort of CAI, don't expect gains to be big, looking at a couple of BHP at most.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by markS2kcU,Aug 4 2007, 03:21 PM
Throttle body is ok as long as you have some sort of CAI, don't expect gains to be big, looking at a couple of BHP at most.
I think that's being rather conservative And it's all about the area under the curve, rather than the peak bhp. Perhaps figure on +20bhp peak with well tuned ITBs. There are some TWM ITBs on ebay at the moment. However, I believe that the Jenvey throttle bodies are meant to be the best for the S2000.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:51 AM

I don't think he's talking about ITB's just a normal 70mm bored out stocker by skunk, now I'd like to see that give 20BHP under the curve.

Edit to say skunk2 are not bored stockers but billet jobbies.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:05 AM

Ah, I saw "throttle bodys" (sic) in the first para. Waste of time without making complementary mods, from what I've read.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:20 AM

ok so what are itb's haha, i am looking at a KnN gen 2 induction kit also, so the injectors are a waste of time and so is the rail? just a case of getting the right throttle body is it? i want fast exceleration with out doin gear ratio's or s/c or turbo and looking for the quiest easiest way around it, upgrading fan switch and themostat also radiator cap
Old 08-04-2007, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by a3lkx,Aug 4 2007, 05:20 PM
i want fast exceleration with out doin gear ratio's or s/c or turbo and looking for the quiest easiest way around it, upgrading fan switch and themostat also radiator cap
You are wasting your time then, TBH.

Cooling mods are good for keeping cool running under harsh conditions, such as the track, but are not going to give you extra acceleration.

For bang per buck, a changed final drive ratio takes some beating (I suspect I have a greater accelerative vantage over stock than those owners running aftermarket manifolds, CAIs and exhausts).

Of course, the cheapest way is to lose some weight from the car - spare tyre, tool kit etc.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:21 AM

tool kit tyre etc has all ready gone, i thought the rad cap etc wouldnt do me no gd jst cool the engine more efficent. final drive was an option but its not now as i have spent a fortune on the repairs to the car. and it keeps goin up and up. all major mods are getting delayed till next time some year when i have some time to spend on my car as i am realy busy at the moment, so whilst its sat in the garage i thought i would take advatange of quick and easy upgrades that i can do myself. ie throttle body etc what would you guys recomend? not lookin for supper gains but everythink counts right? air con is getting removed from the car also.snorkel will be fitted but dnt see the benifits if i am to buy a KnN gen 2:S but i have the snorkel so it might aswell go back on right?

Quick Reply: fuel rail / throtle bodies