UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Fuel Injector removal guide

Old 12-15-2012, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long overdue this but just to confirm that the injectors were serviced, number 1 was way found to be way down on efficiency, returned promptly and with new seals (by Injectortune).

After much vaguely terrifying wiggling and thanking of the advisors above for drawing my attention to the pain of dropping stuff - and how not to drop stuff (top tip on the Denso tape!), the fuel rail re-located, fuse re-inserted, couple of turns of the key to prime the system and....

Immediate fire, lumpy idle until the ECU had gone through two fan cycles to re-set itself, then (unlike before) steady as a rock and (unlike before) no intermittent CEL, then, or since.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the update. Someone needs to do picture guide for this for the mechanically inexperienced like myself.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by The Loon
Thanks for the update. Someone needs to do picture guide for this for the mechanically inexperienced like myself.
I know - I should have - I've asked enough times myself and been eternally grateful for the likes of Fester's - sorry!

For what it's worth, I'm also mechanically inexperienced (and fairly cack-handed) and this did look daunting - it's fine if you follow the advise provided in this thread though, honest.

I should also have added that economy has picked up 2MPG which at 400 miles a week on Super, isn't unhelpful!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To the OP, if your car is the older design this may help

There is a white sensor (inlet air temp) on the rear/top of the inlet manifold. The original design recycles dirty oil filled air back into the inlet tract coating everything in shite. It maybe of benefit to carefully remove the sensor and give it a clean, check that mounting area is clear of gunk aswell.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:27 AM

Default Misfire cylinder 1

What was the misfire ? I have the same problem, done seals for the gasket. Cylinders and plugs and clearance
leak down test showed engine was fine

Originally Posted by Hedropsforglory
Dropping things through the manifold and spending hours retrieveing them certainly seems to be a common experience to every detailed injector service thread I've found - I'm warming the skinny-armed kids up for modern chimney work as I write

Great to hear that you've achieved better idle; that and an occasional CEL at hot idle (misfire cylinder 1) is why I'm doing it, having eliminated every other common cause, including cleaning the IACV myself. During which effort much skin was removed. But no hoses, no matter how hard I tried

If the CEL isn't MAP sensor, plugs, valve clearances, coil packs, IACV, earth strap (all done) or injectors then I'm looking at loom or ECU connectors. Fingers crossed!