UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Forum usage problems anyone?

Old 12-16-2001, 04:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Forum usage problems anyone?

I keep getting requests to enter my username and password to log-in again, especially when I want to post a message and it's a real pain

Anyone else having log-in problems

Pete
Old 12-16-2001, 04:20 AM

Tell me about it!!

Yes, exactly the same problem for some time now, in fact it started about the same time the site had all that trouble with it's address and we couldn't log on.

The most annoying thing is that sometimes, I log in, type out a reply to a post and when I try to submit it, it tells me I'm not logged in!! If you log in again at that point, you new post is lost!!! Very annoying, especially of it's one of my sonnets! I know Nick Graves has the same problem. A workaround for this one is to highlight your new post (right mouse button) and copy the post to the clipboard. Then log in again and paste the post into the blank reply box.

I've tried every variation of the site settings and IE 5.5 on Ross's advice but I can't cure the problem. Before all this started, I never had to log in at all.
Old 12-16-2001, 04:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
[B]Tell me about it!!

Yes, exactly the same problem for some time now, in fact it started about the same time the site had all that trouble with it's address and we couldn't log on.

The most annoying thing is that sometimes, I log in, type out a reply to a post and when I try to submit it, it tells me I'm not logged in!! If you log in again at that point, you new post is lost!!! Very annoying, especially of it's one of my sonnets!
Old 12-16-2001, 05:05 AM

I'm not sure Pete, but I think it may be S2Ki Admin. Honda Gal reverted my password for me when it got 'lost'
Old 12-16-2001, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wont be a problem with the site, it will be the browser. The browser stores your logon and password details so its possible that its lost them or they have been corrupted by something, check your cookie setting, if youve switched off the accepting of cookies then this could be the problem.

I personally dont use IE, I use Netscape and I havnt experienced anything like this.
Old 12-16-2001, 05:16 AM

Originally posted by UKjasonm
It wont be a problem with the site, it will be the browser. The browser stores your logon and password details so its possible that its lost them or they have been corrupted by something, check your cookie setting, if youve switched off the accepting of cookies then this could be the problem.

I personally dont use IE, I use Netscape and I havnt experienced anything like this.
I haven't made any changes to my IE cookie settings, plus I own a site that uses cookies and there are no problems accessing that. Plus I've checked and the S2ki cookie is sitting in the windowscookie directory, good as gold.

No, I think it's a forum problem in that it isn't setting the cookie correctly, or it can't read it correctly or find it for some reason.

I've emailed Hondagal as follows:

Can you please take a look at the thread entitled "Forum usage problems anyone? " on the UK S2000 Owners forum and have soemone look into this?

Thanks

Peter Evans
Old 12-16-2001, 05:31 AM

I have no problems at all and I run I.E.5.5.
Have had similar problems in the past though.
Tell cthree, he will sort it out.
Old 12-16-2001, 05:31 AM

Thanks Pete! Thanks Jason:

If in IE 5.5. I go Tools/ Internet Options then end tab... 'Advanced' the scroll down box where you tick or untick options, I can't find any reference to Cookies. I distinctly remember the option being there in the past? Any ideas... anyone?
Old 12-16-2001, 05:35 AM

Try clicking the 'Restore Defaults' button.
Old 12-16-2001, 07:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
[B]Thanks Pete! Thanks Jason:

Quick Reply: Forum usage problems anyone?