UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Forum Feedback

Old 06-24-2003, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AquilaEagle
[B]So it could look like this
Old 06-24-2003, 02:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The forum recently has been great, those service niggles we were experiencing last year have all but gone and the effort being put in by the moderators is comendable!

Probably my only gripe is the number of sticky note threads there are at the top of the main page now, it is nearly half a screen full. The problem is of course that the threads that are stuck are all very useful and good references - perhaps they should be in their own areas? I know we have talked about an FAQ page in the past and perhaps a for sale page (would this be in the marketplace forum??).

Other than that a huge from me!!

- Adam.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:59 AM

The UK forum is a gem! The amount of help it has given me is priceless.

I will be signing up for membership...
Old 06-24-2003, 03:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frisky
[B]Probably my only gripe is the number of sticky note threads there are at the top of the main page now, it is nearly half a screen full.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:38 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I agree ref the number of stickies, and am thinking how we can reduce them down - I do think they serve a purpose as links to important and useful info - however too many sub forums frightens me. I think the important info should be at the front page, and as the main forum is the front page at the moment, i feel this is appropriate.

Watch this space
Old 06-24-2003, 05:21 AM

The Marketplace forum is definitely a good idea, as was largely shown by the recent poll posted by Ian.

And where would we be without our Off Topic corner of the board...

On the other hand, I'm not convinced we need to exclude General Motoring topics from the main 'S2000' board. There have been several threads recently which are arguable whether they are S2000-centric. Topics which spring to mind are discussions on the merits of Zaino and Zymol, how to sell your car and repairing stonechips - to name three which currently appear on the first page of the main board. As they have been left alone I think this shows, implicitly or not, that viewers appreciate the diverse range of topics available on one board.

IMO anyone who is enthusiastic/bothered enough to contribute to the main board about the S2000 wouldn't mind reading about general motoring topics, or hearing about others' views on these.

This is in no way a criticism of Ian and Mark's efforts to improve the board for all of us.

Ted
Old 06-24-2003, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Following some of the above feedback about Notes, you'll Notice (no pun!) that the main Forum has only a couple of notes.

So if you notice that notice you will notice that that notice is worth noticing and you can then note it.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=131836
Old 06-24-2003, 12:21 PM

Originally posted by BigTed
On the other hand, I'm not convinced we need to exclude General Motoring topics from the main 'S2000' board. There have been several threads recently which are arguable whether they are S2000-centric. Topics which spring to mind are discussions on the merits of Zaino and Zymol, how to sell your car and repairing stonechips - to name three which currently appear on the first page of the main board. As they have been left alone I think this shows, implicitly or not, that viewers appreciate the diverse range of topics available on one board.

IMO anyone who is enthusiastic/bothered enough to contribute to the main board about the S2000 wouldn't mind reading about general motoring topics, or hearing about others' views on these.

This is in no way a criticism of Ian and Mark's efforts to improve the board for all of us.
But I'm on my hols, I'm not supposed to be loggin on the the board at all
Old 06-24-2003, 12:38 PM

I thought that when you separated the 'muppet' threads from the main board that was a good idea. Want to be amused - go to muppet; want to see something about cars go to main board. Personally I was happy with that.

Not so sure about further splits - there are after all only so many hours in the day - and the thread header usually tells one whether to pursue or not.

Just my 2p - or maybe 1p - do we still have those? Life can get too complicated - seen these action management diaries?
Old 06-24-2003, 01:52 PM
Administrator

It seems people are happy with the way things are, so we are not going to mend anything which isnt broken

No harm in asking the questions and getting the feedback.

Cheers everyone

Quick Reply: Forum Feedback