UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Forget the Wheel Alingment

Old 06-08-2002, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forget the Wheel Alingment

I would just be happy to take my car to a Honda Dealer and have the bloody tyres changed without damaging them. Wheel Alingment 2002 spec where the hell would i go to have it done Japan ?

2 months ago had 4 new wheels fitted at Huddersfield Honda due to pitting and previous damage fitting tyres at S--****horpe garage so what If to take it back to Huddersfield to have front tyres fitted (due to wear) as they did it 2 months ago no problem O.K. Wrong N/S wheel marked on every spoke as before.

I would like to think it's just me that gets this grief but the same happened to my father recently ?

Not O.K not What If not even bloody Quick Fit would do this twice would they ?

Bast$rds
Old 06-08-2002, 09:53 PM

Surely its time for Honda UK to intervene in this matter of tyre changes that can almost guarantee a damaged wheel. I know where Stephen is coming from, after going to the trouble of having the wheels replaced and all that entails to have them damaged to a degree that is worse than the originals is very frustrating.

I remember some one on the board in talks with Honda over the wheel corrosion and replacements, could they also bring up this matter of damage when changing tyres. I wrote to Honda about this and did not receive a reply that addressed the problem, only a fob off back to the dealer, who in turn replaced the damaged wheel on that occasion. I shall be writing to Honda UK again on this matter and this time there will be no fob off, because if they can not give me assurances that tyre changes on my vehicle can be carried out without damage during the life of the car. I will have to take the view that the wheel design is flawed and precludes tyre changes without damage. If that is the case I believe Honda have a problem!
Old 06-09-2002, 12:42 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stephen Munro
[B]I would just be happy to take my car to a Honda Dealer and have the bloody tyres changed without damaging them. Wheel Alingment 2002 spec where the hell would i go to have it done Japan ?

Stephen, if you want a good place thats not far for the alignment, mail me, I had mine done no probs
Old 06-09-2002, 02:55 AM

Not being funny, but what has the wheels getting damaged during replacing tyres gotta do with the wheel alignment??! Its the machine they put the alloy on to lever the tyre off that damages the wheel.

The title of the thread was a bit off putting for those not sure about the wheel alignment being worth it. I certainly thought it was.......get it done.......but as Stephen says, make sure you go to a (s2ki) recommended place (and no, that ain't just a Honda dealer! )
Old 06-09-2002, 03:39 AM

Originally posted by Graham Munro
Surely its time for Honda UK to intervene in this matter of tyre changes that can almost guarantee a damaged wheel. I know where Stephen is coming from, after going to the trouble of having the wheels replaced and all that entails to have them damaged to a degree that is worse than the originals is very frustrating.
I believe that Honda have already. When Dog Biscuit the puncture repaired on his '02, I was surprised how much clearance there was on the machine compared to my '00. I haven't compared the two rims side by side, but I think they all Honda have done is to take the old style of rim and machine the spokes to reduce the profile. This results in more clearance on the machine.

The tyre fitter that I use is adament that the fault is not with the wheel, but purely the lack of care and attention by the operator.

Please don't forget to cast your votes on the dealers thread!

I can understand your frustrations with the dealer. The damage caused to my car by dealers over two years includes
  • Rim damaged fitting tyre - repaired although dealer refuses to admit responsibility
  • Severe scratching to engine valve cover
  • Broken trim
  • Missing fittings
  • Loose exhaust brackets
  • Scratched airbox cover
  • Scratched gear knob
  • Scratched centre console
  • kerbed rim
  • Front wing heavily scratched where someone has lent agains it without using protection
  • Heavy scratches on bonnet, where something has been placed on it.

It seems that if one owns a Honda, it is essential to photograph every single piece of the car before leaving it with an authorised dealer for even the simplest work.
Old 06-09-2002, 08:49 AM

The point was Steve, that if you don't have the confidence to have the tyre's fitted without damage at any garage, where do i go to have the wheels alinged ?