UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Footwell LED lights

Old 04-04-2012, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Footwell LED lights

Does anyone have any footwell LED lights installed into their car?

I would like to put some in my car but dont have a clue of what to buy.

Do I just buy a Footwell LED lights and a 3 way switch so that I can turn it manually off and on, and also normal for when the interior lights come on and off?

I looked on ebay
Is something like these lights correct?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2906806847...ht_3634wt_1392

Would i need to buy any relay or scotch locks from what I have been reading from searching on here and google?
And then is it a matter of wiring it with the interior lights?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sorry for the amateur question.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just buy two cree LED's or better still an SMD type light and take a 12v source from the fuse box under the steering wheel and a wire to the interior door switch. I don't know when you want the lights to be on or off though.

I have SMD's in my interior light and they are very bright and have a good shine path, would be ideal to light up the whole footwell.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:04 PM

I thought of connecting LED strips to the interior lights so that they come on when i open the door but still be able to manually switch off or on with a 3 way switch.

But thanks for the advice!
I tried searching for it on our forum but am worse than amateur. So I didn't understand what i would need to buy just to get the ball rolling.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ive had footwell lights put in my S. i just had a strip of them (with covers) and if i ever get bored of the colour then i change the colour of the covers and im good to go.

Name:  8ce683d0.jpg
Views: 1311
Size:  38.8 KB

i had them hooked into the door switches and the interior light, they only come on when the doors are open or the main interior light is turned on.

i can get better picture if you want.

Gra
Old 04-04-2012, 02:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got footwell lights. Wired red led strips to the cabin light circuit. Will post up pics later/tomorrow
Old 04-04-2012, 02:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah it will be a simplistic circuit, why do you want them anyways? just for show?
Old 04-04-2012, 02:21 PM

I was wanting them for night time because it is sometimes hard to find the door handle but I must admit that part of the reason is for looks also.

I have noticed that many people have bought a strip of LED lights and just connected them to the interior lights. But I was wanting to wire a switch so that I could turn them off or have them on constantly whenever I want.

Was the link from ebay that I posted, correct? As in getting them would be correct and a matter of wiring them up to the interior lights?
Old 04-04-2012, 02:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i went for some like these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRL-8-LED-...ht_2493wt_1185

that way i can change the cover colour for a different effect.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:29 AM

Am I the only person with loads of grit and leaves and bogies shit in their foot well? Less attention to this area the better.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by s200 ool
ive had footwell lights put in my S. i just had a strip of them (with covers) and if i ever get bored of the colour then i change the colour of the covers and im good to go.

i had them hooked into the door switches and the interior light, they only come on when the doors are open or the main interior light is turned on.

i can get better picture if you want.

Gra
Love the White dash mate.... looks awesome

Quick Reply: Footwell LED lights