UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Football On=Quiet Roads

Old 06-22-2004, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Football On=Quiet Roads

As most of the nation settled down to watch Engerr-lll-aaa-nd play some game last night, I went for a drive. Roads were empty, was out and much was done. I must of only seen half a dozen cars and one was plod, who did not trouble me at all

A thoroughly enjoyable drive was had by myself, although Kerry looked very pale when we got home. So I recommend any one who is not fussed about watching the football on Thursday evening to go and do some major (providing the weather is ok).
Old 06-22-2004, 01:42 AM

you didnt watch football are you mad ????????
Old 06-22-2004, 01:43 AM

Shopping was a much more serene experience last night too.

Must try going for a drive on Thursday
Old 06-22-2004, 01:50 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Good Idea BF!

I think I shall try to get out then.

Jamie, thing about football fans is that they tend to be very intolerant of those not interested in it! Many times have told people of my utter disinterest, only to have the minutiae of a match or something told at me anyway.

I usually reply with a potted history of Borgward 1925-1961 in order to bore them back!
Old 06-22-2004, 01:50 AM

Was there a football match on last night?

Must admit, never been a football fan. Can't be arsed with all the arguments and fights it causes!

I was washing the S when they played France!
Old 06-22-2004, 01:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nick Graves
Good Idea BF!

I think I shall try to get out then.

Jamie, thing about football fans is that they tend to be very intolerant of those not interested in it! Many times
Old 06-22-2004, 02:03 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Lee,

true enough!

There is another generalisation that blokes tend to be either petrolheads OR football fans, unusually both.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:05 AM

Originally posted by Nick Graves
Lee,

true enough!

There is another generalisation that blokes tend to be either petrolheads OR football fans, unusually both.

I love them both actually
Old 06-22-2004, 02:10 AM

I am one of those that never watches football. I don't support any teams and don't see what the fuss is all about.

However I am also one of those that has converted for a few years but only when it comes to international championships. I have been watching matches which are either the Euro or World Championship matches. I support England for the games and it has been fantastic this year.

For a person who doesn't watch any football it was very tense for me yesterday. I got so much more excited watching the game yesterday that I have had watching F1 for over a year now. Even more surprising was that my wife sat and watched the game too! She is always complementing to her friends how great it is that I am not a huge football fan but somehow she was all excited about the game too. She was sitting next to me and 20 mins into the game started accusing the Croatian players of fouls and the like. Made me smile. Mind you she is not even sure how a corner is awarded.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:11 AM

I've always thought football very homoerotic, all those men hugging and kissing and yet it's thought acceptable to millions of men who'd have an apoplectic fit if they saw it in the high street.
The emergence of Beckham as a designer clothes horse and all round fashion nancy boy has deepend my view on this matter.

I find motorsport much more gentlemanly (EDIT - F1 is not motorsport and therefore doesn't count).

Quick Reply: Football On=Quiet Roads