UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The Floppy Saga (Formerly The Transplant)

Old 12-03-2013, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks amazing!!

wheels are my favourite bit - what are the specs on them 17 x 8 & 17 x 9?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They're 18s, am sure the widths are in this topic somewhere
Old 12-03-2013, 10:48 AM

They look class, usually think 18's look to big but they are absolutely spot on!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Wheels are 18x8 +35 and 18x9 +38
Old 07-14-2014, 10:17 AM

Its been a while since I last posted in this thread, mainly because the car has been off the road over the winter staying nice and dry.

I have had a few bits and pieces done since the last update though. After moving into my unit in November time the car was parked and stored on a trickle charge. From the beginning of March onwards the car has then been back on the road and after a slight moment of madness when I nearly sold it, I've decided thats not happening any time soon. Instead I've decided to sell my daily, which is an Audi A3 TDi S Line.

One of the first things I did this year was to buy a DAS6 Pro and after 13 hours of machine polishing it was ready for the first Ace Cafe meet of the year. I also decided I wanted a wheel refurb the weekend of the meet so I prepped and painted them myself in an aluminium style silver finish. Masking up took the longest as I had quite a bit of tyre polish on so I couldn't get the masking tape to stick

Untitled by AZ_Collins, on Flickr

I was pretty pleased with the finished result and I ended up winning the 'Most Clean and Shiny' award at Ace Cafe, which although completely unexpected, I was very pleased about!

Unfortunately, less than a week after the refurb I was driving home from the unit and a van came flying around a bend bridging the middle of the road, so I had the choice of letting the van side swipe me or ditching the car into the kerb

As a result I had about 50% of both passenger side wheels ending up like this

I decided that as it was through the powder coat I was going to get them refurbed...so off to The Wheel Clinic I went in Northampton where they reassured me that they could replicate the colour I had managed to get hold of when painting them myself...but clearly when I got them back they didn't!

They finished them in Chrome Powder and after pairing them up to the car the colour was really flat and lifeless with a milky look the the lacquer compared to the finish I had given them. After a phone call and a bit of a chat they reluctantly agreed to re-do them for free.

Here's the chrome powder, which looks bloody great in pictures, its just a shame they didn't look as good out of direct sunlight or on the car.

After some umm-ing and arr-ing I finally decided on a hyper silver powder coat, which they finished with a shadow back.

Needless to say, they look great now and I'm really pleased with the finish.

With all the jacking up and work I'd been doing I got very tired, very quickly of driving the car onto bricks etc so ended up buying this Arcan trolley jack from Costco. Its great as it will fit all the way under to the diff on the rear and also the sills at the front without any issue!

Apart from the machine polish and the wheel colour change my boomslang harness finally got ordered so I plan on heading to EuroSpec for it to be tuned and I also bought a set of Tarmac Sportz side diffusers. They look great but as I didn't want to screw them into the sills, chocking them in place while the Tiger Seal dried was a bit of a mission

Before and after to compare. Subtle is how I would describe them, which is just the way I like it

Old 07-14-2014, 10:25 AM

I can't believe how far you've come with this Alex.

The car looks just amazing, easily one of the best S2000s out there right now.

You definitely deserved that award
Old 07-14-2014, 01:17 PM

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts

Hope that's not where you're jacking the car up, the jacking point is to the left!
Old 07-14-2014, 01:18 PM

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts

PS looks good!
Old 07-14-2014, 01:21 PM

Very good point Chris, it was just slid under for illustration purposes
Old 07-14-2014, 02:57 PM

Stunning Alex. Those wheels look amazing too.

Quick Reply: The Floppy Saga (Formerly The Transplant)