UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The Floppy Saga (Formerly The Transplant)

Old 06-18-2013, 09:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My thoughts exactly Si...I'm fed up of the hassle come MOT time and with the fact it doesn't hinder performance it makes a lot of sense.

The question is do I get a 60mm or 70mm HFC and are there alternatives to the BERK one? I've read that the collector on the stock manifold is 54.9mm internal diameter. Can anyone confirm whether this is correct or not?
Old 06-18-2013, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good fella. What's the drone like ?
Old 06-18-2013, 11:27 AM

It's really good Andy, barely any drone at all. The only time I've had it is going up a hill in 6th at about 40mph and to be fair most systems will drone under load like that!

The noise level for me is perfect; loud enough to know its there and to make it sound like a sports car should but you can still have a conversation without having to raise your voice or listen to music without having to put the stereo up much. I'd say the stereo is 10% higher in volume since its fitted.

There is ZERO drone at 60mph+ on the motorway and its really subtle sub 3k rpm but then goes mental in VTEC with an obvious and very noticeable change in pitch on the crossover.

It also has a nice deep burble too
Old 06-18-2013, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Video please
Old 06-18-2013, 12:48 PM

Id like to hear it on someone else's car too, as i have one of these but find it a bit too loud, and it drones at low rpm. Maybe i just ran out of love for it, or maybe im getting too old for this sort of thing.
But other owners that have heard mine find it overly noisy too, so maybe its not just me
Old 06-18-2013, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jayboy83
Id like to hear it on someone else's car too, as i have one of these but find it a bit too loud, and it drones at low rpm. Maybe i just ran out of love for it, or maybe im getting too old for this sort of thing.
But other owners that have heard mine find it overly noisy too, so maybe its not just me
I agree that it's not quiet but I don't find it drones much at all with a decat fitted. It's supposed to be even better with a HFC though, hence part of my thinking to get one.

How old are you out of curiosity? Everything is so subjective to personal opinion and taste with exhausts its difficult to give a definitive answer isn't it? Someone should organise a meet where a load of us with different systems turn up and give passenger rides so people can make a decision for themselves.

I'd gladly have done that and contributed to a bit of petrol money for something like that.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:13 PM

I have a berk hfc fitted on mine, it really isnt any quieter, but i cant remember what it was like with a decat. I do love the look of it though, when i have the roof down it doesnt bother me, in fact i quite like it. Its only when im roof up and casually driving that im not 100% sure about it. Im currently in the middle of going fi, so im gonna look at a decat again and will probably sell the high flow cat.
Oh yeah, im 30
Old 06-18-2013, 02:10 PM

I've heard they are a lot louder when going FI as Moddiction has one and he has said that its loud.

I suppose it's difficult to judge as like I said its all subjective. I'm 32 so I don't think it's the fact you're old
Old 06-18-2013, 03:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Flopster, I'm 32 too . Those back boxes look smart and for polishing. That exhaust would be even better with resonator.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome chap!

HFC makes sense, I'm looking at that option for next year before my MOT.
Can't wait to see / hear this car!

One more week and its South Mimms

Quick Reply: The Floppy Saga (Formerly The Transplant)