UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Fixed Penalty In Car Park !

Old 11-24-2003, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed Penalty In Car Park !

Just returned to the car to find a fixed penalty noitce - for supposedly parking over two bays.

I parked the car on an end of a line of bays - over the outer line.
so my question is do I pay
Old 11-24-2003, 06:24 AM

Sounds like you were mostly in the right but just spilled over the edge. If poss get a photo of where you parked and jot down a few notes while your memory is fresh. Leave it and and see if they send you anything more. IF they then follow it up several times write a strong letter and include some of your defence. Show them you are prepared to put up a fight and they might back down.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:27 AM

Have they got any signs up or anything warning you they will fine for such events?

Seems incredibly petty I know, but I used to work in a place where there were not enough spaces for all the cars and if I saw someone taking up 2 spaces so I couldn't park I know I would have been a little annoyed.

Down the supermarket I'll quite happily take up 2 or 3 spaces, but at work where the spaces are few and far between I tend to park properly.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:27 AM

Ring them up now. Write them a letter with pictures and I think it may get sorted on its own.

I had a similar situation in Windsor. I had a pay and display ticket on the dash but still got a ticket. Sent both through to the address on the back and have heard nothing since.

Worth ago...they're just pushing their luck
Old 11-24-2003, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No matter who you got the ticket from you have a right to appeal.

I was the County Parking Manager before I retired.

Write to the company demanding the cash and ask for any photographic evidence they have to substantiate their claim, and say that you wish to appeal against the Fixed Penalty Notice.

They should then give you details of the appeal proceedure which can go on for three or four levels, normally ending with an ajudication by a member of the Legal profession.

Feel free to mail me direct if you wish.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As you were in one bay and then over the "roadway" technically you are NOT taking up two bays.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

might help if you PM'd your email address to SNAPPER so he can email you direct if he wishes
Old 11-24-2003, 10:36 AM

you clearly were not taking up 2 bays by the sound of things. any point in arguing you would have parked in one bay only if the car in the adjacent bay hadn't parked over the adjoining line in the first place??
Old 11-24-2003, 11:11 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

I am having great difficulty in taking this seriously.

What will they use to extract money next - walking on the cracks in the pavement?

Looking to me in a funny way?
Old 11-24-2003, 02:14 PM

Maybe I'm a little jaded by things after being given parking tickets for my last two kebab outings (

Quick Reply: Fixed Penalty In Car Park !