UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Fitting hard top stand in the boot.....

Old 04-05-2005, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2uk,Apr 5 2005, 09:15 PM
which kit did you buy as he has three types. looks preety easy to fit though had a good look at people cars when i could.
Hey Fraser

I got the MY00 kit (can't remember if it was ABC or Z), I think it was the first time HTG had shipped to the UK, as he shipped a few LHD parts which I had to throw away (eg USDM don't have the headlight washer switch, thus need the inset for the switch area) .

Generally you need the parts in the HANDA fitting instructions plus a bit of extra harness for a MY99-01. Fitting is really easy - on a MY99-01 you need to remove the gear change area console though - best off removing the passenger seat.

It needs two people to keep lifting / removing the HT while you find the best fit.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:44 PM

Cheers for the responses and the helpful, 'how to' picture
Old 04-06-2005, 06:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Type R,Apr 5 2005, 10:35 PM
Hey Fraser

I got the MY00 kit (can't remember if it was ABC or Z), I think it was the first time HTG had shipped to the UK, as he shipped a few LHD parts which I had to throw away (eg USDM don't have the headlight washer switch, thus need the inset for the switch area) .

Generally you need the parts in the HANDA fitting instructions plus a bit of extra harness for a MY99-01. Fitting is really easy - on a MY99-01 you need to remove the gear change area console though - best off removing the passenger seat.

It needs two people to keep lifting / removing the HT while you find the best fit.
chris, loking at hard tops web site he has one hard top kit for yrs 2000 only then 2000-2001

I've put a link to that page as it is easier.

HTG

i did ask jeff but not had a email back yet. my vin number is low 2912 are the last four numbers if its made up from that i should need the most expensive bit of kit which is not good.

Havign not looked at different car years i dont know what casues the price to change so much.

mine is a 2000 not 2001. just noticed it says 2001 in my sig.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy,Apr 5 2005, 07:21 PM
As per title. Been looking at a few GTs down south that have the hardtop stand. If I buy I'll probably travel on the train/plane alone - can I get the stand in the car with the hardtop on or would I have to leave it?
Wouldn't it be safer/easier to get it posted? Not seen a stand so not sure how heavy they are?
Old 04-06-2005, 07:43 AM

By posted I actually mean courierd. (we were using a company that charges
Old 04-06-2005, 08:06 AM

They aren't heavy at all as they're made from aluminum, you can pick the whole thing up with one hand, but they are pretty big.

There's a boxed one on Ebay at the moment with a shipping price of
Old 04-06-2005, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by s2uk,Apr 6 2005, 02:05 PM
chris, loking at hard tops web site he has one hard top kit for yrs 2000 only then 2000-2001

I've put a link to that page as it is easier.

HTG

i did ask jeff but not had a email back yet. my vin number is low 2912 are the last four numbers if its made up from that i should need the most expensive bit of kit which is not good.

Havign not looked at different car years i dont know what casues the price to change so much.

mine is a 2000 not 2001. just noticed it says 2001 in my sig.
My advice is to explain to Jeff that you have a console which can accomodate the demister switch already

Another difference between <=MY01 and >=MY02 is that the hole for the rubber grommit for the harness to hardtop connection will need to be cut in the trim behind the passenger seat. This is easily done with a 20mm or 25mm (I forget which) hole cutting drill bit. HTG sent me this panel with my fitting kit - as it was a USDM panel, it also included a hole for the fuel release, so $$$s in the bin So, make sure that you don't get this trim ! It'll be worth getting measurements off a >MY02 for the hole location (HT enabled or not).

Another problem you'll have is that if you have a UK supplied alarm, there is a softtop down sensor on the driver side. This will need to be removed, or will be crushed by the hardtop spikes.

Actually, if you pm me with a parts list when Jeff supplies it to you, I can check it over if you want.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:50 AM

Can anyone describe how to fit the stand in the boot? I seem to be under the impression this can be done, but can't find a thread by searching which explains how.

I have removed the spare wheel, and can fit the upper part of the stand in, but can't work out how the base goes in.

TIA
Old 04-30-2005, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by euan,Apr 30 2005, 05:50 PM
Can anyone describe how to fit the stand in the boot? I seem to be under the impression this can be done, but can't find a thread by searching which explains how.

I have removed the spare wheel, and can fit the upper part of the stand in, but can't work out how the base goes in.

TIA
you might have to tow it
IIRC this is something people had the dealer deliver

PS you have a sofa in your garafe, sit it on that!
Old 04-30-2005, 09:57 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

ChrisTypeR posted some pictures of this recently ...... i'll see if I can find it.

Quick Reply: Fitting hard top stand in the boot.....