UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Fitted a DAB head unit

Old 07-19-2013, 08:45 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Have you switched the aeriel 'power on' option in the menus? That's about 99% the cause of it.

Yes it does work with a Modifry. Only the twig & the decoder in the radio are any different.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves
Have you switched the aeriel 'power on' option in the menus? That's about 99% the cause of it.

Yes it does work with a Modifry. Only the twig & the decoder in the radio are any different.
Hi Nick and thanks for the reply - I could't find that option on the menu (unless I've missed it..!) but I'll check again to see if it is that as that would be the quickest fix! Time to find the manual... I'll post if there is that option and it works!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:25 AM

No worries.

I had to RTFM too...
Old 07-24-2013, 02:28 AM

No worries.

I had to RTFM too...
lol - needs must sometimes!

I can't find anything in the manual about power for the aerial so not sure if it's that as I have provided power to the aerial using the 12v power.... I think it might be a duff aerial so I will take it back to Halfrauds and see if they can help/test. Fingers crossed and I will let you know how it goes!

Thanks again for the help gents
Old 07-24-2013, 03:15 AM

Oh, in which case, get one on the rear wing (Bloomice) like mine. Powered off the supply to the old one (you'll need to JB Weld in a body washer to make the hole round!) and you'll get 200% better reception.

Screen twigs don't work at all in Hertford.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:40 AM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

I believe the pioneer doesn't supply aerial power.

You could be having mick's issue, ie shat signal?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:29 AM

Murphy's Law? Racist...

Indeed - I don't recall any of them finding any signal in the drive; take them to the highest point near Ware and they load all the multiplexed stations.

You can then receive the stations in a closed garage. Weird how it works.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:24 AM

Murphy's Law? Racist...

Indeed - I don't recall any of them finding any signal in the drive; take them to the highest point near Ware and they load all the multiplexed stations.

You can then receive the stations in a closed garage. Weird how it works.
lol!! In that case I will test in a different area and if no luck I'll look to get a decent aerial to fit to the back. Thanks for the tip Nick with the JB Weld side of things too. I've got some of that bad boy for my motorbike project!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
I believe the pioneer doesn't supply aerial power.

You could be having mick's issue, ie shat signal?
Thanks for the confirmation. I suspect that is the problem! I'll check with the multi-meter (once I find it) or just bite the bullet and get a decent aerial to fit on the back!
Old 08-02-2013, 03:02 PM

Hi. I've spotted this conversation as I just bought the DEH-X8500DAB this week. I've installed the unit and got the autoleads PC9-X61 adapter to link the audio controls to the steering wheel buttons.

I haven't actually fixed the interior DAB aerial in place yet so not able to comment on your issues with that just yet. I'm doing a bit at a time and currently trying to work out how to get the mute button to work. There is a brown lead with bullet connector coming from the relay module of the PC9-X61 connector but I can't work out where it is supposed to connect to the head unit. Do you guys have mute working?

Quick Reply: Fitted a DAB head unit