UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

First track day with some tuition

Old 12-10-2015, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TanukiUK
Well within your catchment area however, is Blyton Park.
+1 for Blyton Park. Went there for the first time last month and it was a great day - really good facilities and a good circuit with some tricky sections, but plenty of room if it goes wrong.

The day I went to was organised by Javelin Trackdays and they had tuition available in 20 minute chunks. I didn't take any up, as it was my first TD in the S and I wanted to see what it would do on my own before someone sat next to me. I also went with a couple of guys who knew what they were talking about so they gave me some solid advice in exchange for some passenger runs. Not the same as pro tuition, but I finished the day a damn sight smoother and faster than I started.

If you decide to go for it drop me a message - there are a few chaps around Sheffield / Notts (like me) who would come along for the day.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you book with open track they supply free tuition with their track days, its first come first serve though on the day, so stand near the paperwork after the breifing!
Old 12-11-2015, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by SheffieldSam
Originally Posted by TanukiUK' timestamp='1449743478' post='23824303
Well within your catchment area however, is Blyton Park.
+1 for Blyton Park. Went there for the first time last month and it was a great day - really good facilities and a good circuit with some tricky sections, but plenty of room if it goes wrong.

The day I went to was organised by Javelin Trackdays and they had tuition available in 20 minute chunks. I didn't take any up, as it was my first TD in the S and I wanted to see what it would do on my own before someone sat next to me. I also went with a couple of guys who knew what they were talking about so they gave me some solid advice in exchange for some passenger runs. Not the same as pro tuition, but I finished the day a damn sight smoother and faster than I started.

If you decide to go for it drop me a message - there are a few chaps around Sheffield / Notts (like me) who would come along for the day.
Thanks for that, blyton looks good for a beginner. Im looking at booking in on the 30th of dec or the 3rd/24th of Jan. If anyone else is interested and free for any of those dates let me know.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:30 AM

How do you guys rate Oulton Park for a first-timer?
Old 12-12-2015, 08:12 AM

Again - professional opinion: Oulton is not suitable for a total novice in less than ideal conditions.

It's very easy to get sucked in around Island and through Clay Hill and Druids - and the lack of run off there has killed many cars in the wet.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:10 AM

Received 133 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by TanukiUK
Again - professional opinion: Oulton is not suitable for a total novice in less than ideal conditions.

It's very easy to get sucked in around Island and through Clay Hill and Druids - and the lack of run off there has killed many cars in the wet.
Only been there a handful of times, and the amount of tank-slappers at Druids when wet & greasy is notable. My brother took his BMW there 3 weeks ago and drove it like a vicar - being a novice, I thought it was a bit of a waste of money and better spent at an airfield with more room.