UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

First Service Tomorrow - any last minute advise?

Old 09-02-2002, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Service Tomorrow - any last minute advise?

It's that time and I'm already getting nervous! My car goes in for it's first service tomorrow and I'm already starting to twitch and get sweaty palms at the thought of what might happen to my car .

Having read NeilW's experience of his first service I'm wondering if anyone has any last minute advise regarding Honda dealers and servicing? The service is being done at Aylesbury Honda and I get on really well with the owner/MD and the service manager but that doesn't really stop some spotty oik of a mechanic damaging my car. (Calm down - deep breaths!)

I'm going to wash the car today and take some digital photos and when I drop the car off I'll be speaking to the mechanic who will get his mitts on my car. After threatening him with death if he so much as breaths in the wrong place I'll then go and hide in a dark room somewhere!

With regard to the oil change I'm supplying them with some Mobil One. What else is done on the service? As a rough estimate how much have people been paying for their first service?

Sorry loads'a questions for a Monday morning, but hopefully those of you that have been there will be able to sympathize.

Wish me luck - may the force be with me

I'll report back what happens and look forward to giving Aylesbury Honda 9/10 in the dealer list.
Old 09-02-2002, 01:33 AM

I always photograph the car outside the dealership so that they can't say any damage happened between you taking the pics and delivering the car to them. I take about 6 pictures of the car, front and rear shots, and then images of the side of the car from front and rear. Also a photo of each wheel.

I'm sure it'll all go well though!

Tif
Old 09-02-2002, 01:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In a similar vain to Tif's advice - I always look over the car (inside and out) with the service manager before handing over the keys (I am fortunate as the S.M. at the dealership who look after my car volunteers to do this). Photo's are good tho' - dont forget the interior!
Old 09-02-2002, 02:13 AM

I'll certainly be walking round the car with the services manager in the future! Also look under the bonnet with him. I've heard of people having damaged rocker covers etc.

The good news is my car is being repaired this friday, so all going well, will be back to it's former glory before the supermeet.

My first service cost
Old 09-02-2002, 04:38 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good Luck, approx cost
Old 09-02-2002, 06:27 AM

My car had it's first service today -
Old 09-02-2002, 12:51 PM

Thanks alot guys.

Went to Halfords and stocked up on Mobil One earlier.

Let you know how it went in the morning, dropping the car off early.....
Old 09-03-2002, 07:48 AM

Well it's definately a 9/10 for Aylesbury Honda.

They did me proud (just as I expected ) and no problems with the first service. Dropped the car off this morning and picked it up at lunchtime.

Feels much better now with the Mobil One inside and everything is running smoothly and nice and tight (said the Art Mistress to the Gardener )

Off for a nice gentle ( ) drive back to Farnborough.

Who was doing the dealer list again? (sorry being lazy will look up later) Must give Aylesbury Honda a brilliant review.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:55 AM

Nice one ijbarratt! So glad you have no horror stories to share!

Which Mobil 1 did you switch to? And did you notice a smoother transition into VTEC?
Old 09-03-2002, 08:46 AM

Excellent - glad it went well.

Quick Reply: First Service Tomorrow - any last minute advise?