UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

First round mods....

Old 04-25-2007, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First round mods....

So now that I have had my car 4 years, I am little happier to push my ability (what there is of it) on the track. The plan is to be quicker round the corners with new geo and struts, a bit quicker into corners with brake upgrades and perhaps a bit quicker out ouf the corners with more air in and more exhaust out.

First round begins tomorrow at CG with a strip down and alignment as I am sure that I got the geo set up wrong last time.

Whilest I am there we are going to fit EBC Turbogroove discs, Ferodo DS 2500, Steel braided hoses and some Millers Fluid. Courtesy of Julian at Balance.

I reckon this should be a great start. I am looking for some big improvents, if you are reading Mr. Franklin. (Any body got any tips on how to get the best out of Chris at CG? Push him hard or talk nicely to him, maybe?)

Was thinking Cusco struts next. Then K&N Gen II, decat and HKS Silent afterwards. What do ya reckon?

Will let you know how it goes.

Do I have to be a paid up member to put some pics up?
Old 04-25-2007, 01:30 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Sounds like a rare sensible mods post to me.

Only bit I would question in the dics - im not a fan of EBC after having them on mine. I think Si had one crack the other day too. Pad choise is good though.

If you order online, type scooby86 as a promo code It will give you a big discount. They haven't removed it 3 years on!

Also the HKS will be lighter and sound better, but not one of the power getters. Power is really only gained by single exit pipes.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BillJoneS2k,Apr 25 2007, 08:32 AM
So now that I have had my car 4 years, I am little happier to push my ability (what there is of it) on the track. The plan is to be quicker round the corners with new geo and struts, a bit quicker into corners with brake upgrades and perhaps a bit quicker out ouf the corners with more air in and more exhaust out.

First round begins tomorrow at CG with a strip down and alignment as I am sure that I got the geo set up wrong last time.

Whilest I am there we are going to fit EBC Turbogroove discs, Ferodo DS 2500, Steel braided hoses and some Millers Fluid. Courtesy of Julian at Balance.

I reckon this should be a great start. I am looking for some big improvents, if you are reading Mr. Franklin. (Any body got any tips on how to get the best out of Chris at CG? Push him hard or talk nicely to him, maybe?)

Was thinking Cusco struts next. Then K&N Gen II, decat and HKS Silent afterwards. What do ya reckon?

Will let you know how it goes.

Do I have to be a paid up member to put some pics up?
Chris will push you harder than you can push him! Learn from him!
When you say struts do you mean braces or coilovers?
have a think about weight saving! That gives a better performance improvement than HKS exhausts.
Members get a gallery but you can link from an outside host using IMG tags
Old 04-25-2007, 01:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark,Apr 25 2007, 10:30 AM
If you order online, type scooby86 as a promo code
I can't find the promo code box, even though I've got as far as the credit card details page
Old 04-25-2007, 01:45 AM

See this post:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=482496

Looked pretty new when I got the car 10 months ago. I have done about 3 hours on the track with them on EBC reds.

Personally I'd stick with plain ones. Although they do look nice and may be ok if you don't track it. (I am aggressive on the brakes)
Old 04-25-2007, 02:01 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Its in the "your cart" page PL!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark,Apr 25 2007, 11:01 AM
Its in the "your cart" page PL!
Nope, it isn't on my screen!

Old 04-25-2007, 02:50 AM

As a rule, I am not bad on brake wear, even on track and the EBCs are a little more affordable.

There is definitely a Promo Code box on Balance shop site as I was desperately thinking how to get one! I think that it was quite late in the payment proceess, beyond your cart.

To be honest, the service from Julian at Balance has been exceptional - I ordered at 1pm yesterday and I already have most items so I am not looking to screw him down.

I am looking forward to seeing what Chris can do.

I will hopefully see you at Rockingham, if things go well. Going to do an evening at Donnington too.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:53 AM

Mikey, I was thinking of upper / lower braces on the front and perhaps lower on the back. Coilovers are a little advance for me at the moment.

Can I save weight without spoiling the look of the interior too much? Perhaps the spare wheel would be a good starter.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In terms of braces you really need to fit them one at a time to feel the difference each makes. IMHO I'd do it in this order!

Front lower
Rear lower
Front upper
Rear upper

Diminshing returns will mean you probably only do the two lowers. The front lower makes the most difference!

Weight saving
Easy hits are spare & tool kit
Not so easy/cheap exhaust, alloys, brakes and coilovers
Then it starts getting radical!

Quick Reply: First round mods....