UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

First Post... What to go for?

Old 08-02-2005, 08:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GSi,Aug 2 2005, 03:06 PM
Rubbish. I never had problems with my rear screen as a daily driver.
Rubbish! I have had both and the plastic was a liability.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Asterix,Aug 2 2005, 07:47 AM
Greg - I used to live in Mursley, only moved out about 18 months ago.

Have you mastered Mursleys very own Eau Rouge yet? It's the road you take past the watertower towards MK, but coming back the other way. I had the pleasure of Mark Webber taking me through that in an XJR (he used to live in the village).

Apparently my old house in back on the market now. It's the one on the corner by the T-Junction.

Do you go down the Green Man much? Are Alex, Linda & George still there?

J
Only been here a couple of months. Seems a really nice village. That road up to MK is fun, even in my E Class Estate and the wife's "cooking" model Clio. Lovely S bend up and down the dip

Think your house is still up for sale. Is it the guy who has the Chesil Replica 911?

Alex & Co. are still in the Green Man. He seems a top man. Had a nice "late" drink or seven there recently
Old 08-02-2005, 08:45 AM

Think your house is still up for sale. Is it the guy who has the Chesil Replica 911?
Probably, I know he had a car that he was protective of and I did tell him that it was dodgy parking anything decent outside as it would get swiped at some point.

Lovely S bend up and down the dip
That's the one - It's fantastic when you nail it perfectly.

Say hi to Alex when you next see him - Say James from Dubai sends his best. My best mate in the village is Tim Parker the photographer - Sterling bloke, married to Debs. Her parents live next door in the big thatched cottage, John & Margaret.

There are some lovely people in the village - Neil and Maggie Coles, Gary the skip bloke, lots of blokes called Chris!

Make sure you go to the next Mussels night.

I really miss the village and the guys there. Very welcoming.

BTW - make sure you get the S2000 - you have some corking roads round there.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:02 AM

Think my wife has met John & Margaret. Is Neil the guy who runs the Football club? Need to get myself involved with that.. At 33 my knees are starting to go but I've got a couple more years left in me!

My Wife has volunteered me for the Village Hall commitee, so I'm sure I'll start to meet some more people soon.

I hear you about the S2000. Will start the hunt for a good 'un.

I'll send your regards to Alex.

Mursley to Dubai must be a real change. Cool place though (although not at this time of the year!). We went a few years ago and must be due another trip soon.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:11 AM

Neil sort of runs the village! He's the chairman of the parish council, amongst other things, and he's a good man. I'm in love with his wife Maggie - I've never met a woman so enchanting and elegant.

I played for the footy team although my fitness let me down a bit - mid 30's too - they do have some very good/fit young players. Ask them about the Mursley sniper. There's a tiny little dip on the far side of the pitch and it's hilarious to watch opposition players wipe out when they chase a ball down that wing and their legs vanish from under them.

I deeply miss that place. Back one day maybe. My mum lives in Nash so when I'm back next I'll look you up - and if you come out here you have a room and a guide.

This was my place.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:20 AM

Know what you mean about fitness letting you down. I used to play to a good standard but I like a pint too much these days. 2 young kids means I don't get as much free time to devote to it either (and hence the sensible Merc as the main car ). Definitely give us a shout when you're back in the area.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:23 AM

Here's what Mursley looked like just before the turn of the last century.

My house is on the left and you can see there used to be a pond as well. Apparently it got filled in after a child drowned.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:33 AM

That's a great picture. Apparently they are debating whether to dig out another pond. It's not really changed very much though has it! Your old house (very nice by the way) is the one with the Porsche replica outside. The guy keeps it covered but is always out there tinkering with it. Our place is a modern 5 bed. I miss the character of our old house but it was in the middle of Aylesbury which I'm glad to get away from!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:42 AM

The only difference is the traffic - It's a shame Mursley is a rat run for MK - Aylesbury.

Funniest thing was a few days after we'd moved in and I get up one morning and pull apart the curtains only to find out there was a double decker bus waiting to get past a parked car right outside the house.

There was a full compliment of school kids on the top level and I was in the buff!

Hahaha - It was like something out of Life of Brian.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:44 PM

You were right on the main road there, I can imagine. We used to use it as a short cut to MK from Aylesbury. Now I'm living here it the traffic annoys me! At least we're a bit tucked away off the main drag on our street. Near the footy pitch and new kiddies playground too.