UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Finally happened...

Old 08-01-2007, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, she's back.

No conclusive diagnosis - an ECU reset and switching coil packs around and the light has stayed off.

But they're telling me it's got a lumpy idle, and are recommending valve-clearances be checked.

First, the dealership. Avonvale Coventry. The girl on reception was a right gatekeeper, didn't actually get to speak to anyone I wanted to, had to wait for calls back (which didn't come half the time)! Not impressed at all. That said, the chap on the Service Desk, John, was very helpful and informative. Nice chap, gives you confidence in them.

Would I use them again? Bad experiences with them in the past, but they did OK this time - not stunning, but then I was an old (not current) customer approaching them with diagnosis / warranty work. So can't blame them that much for not prioritising me.

Second, the car. Still no idea if it was an electrical gremlin or there's an incipient fault lurking somewhere. Bit of a bugger, but just have to wait and see...

Third...valve clearances...should have been done 12months ago by Avonvale Solihull. Next call is, I guess, to them, to see if they'll do anything gratis / reduced rate as what should be OK for 36 months their sister branch is suggesting has probably gone wrong in 12!