UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Finally happened...

Old 07-30-2007, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally happened...

Yep, finally one of my Honda's let me down.

After 7 1/2 years of nearly continuous Honda ownership with no real problems ('teg clutch doesn't count as it was on-track and I could still drive her home with care...), and it had to be the S2000 as well, didn't it.

And at the start of the first spell of decent weather this summer!!!

The engine management light came on yesterday afternoon leaving Bluewater...only 120 miles from home!!!

RAC were quick - out in <30mins
Diagnosis reasonably quick...misfire in #1 cylinder. Likely to be the coil pack, could possibly be just a sensor glitch.
Flat-bed then took another hour and 20mins to arrive, sadly...so not on the road until 7.30pm.

Finally got home at 10.30pm...we were VERY glad we didn't decide to do cinema or food before leaving Bluewater...could have been VERY late home!!!

So it's being picked up by the RAC tomorrow morning, we're off to the local dealers, see what they say. If it's a part that's needed I've got to wait 24-48 hours...just enough time for the weather to change back again!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 11:48 AM

Sorry to hear that fella, hope all is well tomorrow

Matt
Old 07-30-2007, 11:52 AM

Hopefully it's an easy fix. Was expecting to read about an engine blowup when I saw the title!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Si2k,Jul 30 2007, 11:52 AM
Was expecting to read about an engine blowup when I saw the title!
D'oh - this is a Honda forum, not some French or Italian 'marque'!!!

Or to put it another way, what a TVR owner describes as 'character', we call a right pain in the ****!!!

Old 07-30-2007, 01:14 PM

Chin up. Absence makes the heart grow fonder! You'll have a second S2000 honeymoon whe you get it back!
Old 07-30-2007, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by havoc UK,Jul 30 2007, 12:58 PM
D'oh - this is a Honda forum, not some French or Italian 'marque'!!!

Or to put it another way, what a TVR owner describes as 'character', we call a right pain in the ****!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 04:43 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any news ??

Bharat
Old 07-31-2007, 09:54 AM

Still with the dealer.

After them worrying me silly by not actually calling me or returning my calls during the day, I persisted at 5-smth pm, finally got a call back from one of the service guys (not the girl on the front-desk who's sole job seems to be to tell you nothing at all and not put you through to anyone who can).

And he was helpful. Sounds like they only got round to it late in the day (he didn't say that, but it sounds like it), which is fine as I only called them yesterday morning to book it in. But it'd have been nice to be told that - 'sorry, we've not yet started your car, it'll be this afternoon' is perfectly acceptable. No info and no calls back when promised isn't.

Anyway, with them overnight to do more checks tomorrow, so depending on what they find it'll either be ready for collection tomorrow...or they THEN order a part which could make it Friday...
Old 07-31-2007, 12:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least you're making some sort of progress, the service you get from some companies these days is incredible (in a negative sense). I find myself just walking out of some shops etc. The Honda dealer near me (Hepworth) are excellent by any standards.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=havoc UK,Jul 31 2007, 05:54 PM]Still with the dealer.

After them worrying me silly by not actually calling me or returning my calls during the day, I persisted at 5-smth pm, finally got a call back from one of the service guys (not the girl on the front-desk who's sole job seems to be to tell you nothing at all and not put you through to anyone who can).

And he was helpful.

Quick Reply: Finally happened...