UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)

Old 03-30-2015, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)

Hi Guys, thanks for clicking!

First of all, below are a load of pictures of my beloved AP1.

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-qauvufd.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-kcc0m2a.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-statkjr.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-e0zsbo3.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-43jxeui.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-xoeafo9.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-szpuhxc.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-sdux7ue.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-zjbsme0.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-5xs0wbh.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-rtgs8jb.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-vyia3re.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-y1kv7xm.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-uh7otym.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-b23p9c6.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-bjldeq7.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-ulyuiqb.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-wzw7vxn.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-6xmz7fw.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-bnziknf.jpg

Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)-hirhjra.jpg

The pictures on the gravel surface are just after a wash/polish, the pictures in the concrete car park are 40 miles later (hence it is a bit more dirty), would love to know what you all think of it!

Now I have a few questions if you don't mind:

Firstly, I have managed to get a woman to commit to marrying me (yay go me!) in May, we will be trying for kids very soon after. I am therefore, obviously, considering my options when selling.

My car has 120K on the clock, and runs very smoothly. I've done fluid changes every 4k as recommended by the fab community here

She is very clean from the outside and I have been taking very good care of her! So, my questions are (the reason I am not posting this in the official "how much is my car worth" thread is that I have a few other questions):

Firstly, how much do you think my car is worth? The only bad points are that she has 120k on the clock, and that the driverside seat is worn in the usual places and the alloys need recoating (which I will probably do before selling)

Would people on here get really pissed off if I were to say that I didn't want to sell it to anybody that would modify her? I have spent lots of money on this car, keeping it 100% stock and in good nick. I don't want somebody coming along and turning the car into a-million-and-one-ways-with-chav-mobile. I am very proud of the fact that she is completely OEM and I think that one more S on the road that is completely faithful to the original design is a good thing!

I go to the Silverstone classic racecar meet every single summer, I always go and perve at all the s2ks there. Is the group that go there from this forum? Or are they all from another site? Would selling at this sort of meet be a good idea?

My last question is, if you were me and could even remotely afford to just keep her in storage for a couple of years, do you think prices are going to go up enough to make it worth it?

Thanks a lot for reading.

C
Old 03-30-2015, 02:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With 120k and depending on general wear and tear I'd say £5k would be a reasonable advertising price with room to haggle. The red badges were not standard on S2000's. Realistically with 120k it wouldn't be worthwhile keeping in the hope prices will increase. If it had 12k and in standard form, definitely. Just my personal view..
Old 03-30-2015, 02:27 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Here's the Silverstone Classic Meet thread: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/109...sun-26th-july/ lots of people from here do go each year.

You've no chance of asking any buyer not to modify, I'm afraid. Given its age and mileage, it's likely to be sold at the lower end of prices (£5-6k maybe - I'm no expert on these things) and will attract the kind of buyer you don't want.

Prices are rising a bit it seems (read this thread) https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1117806-future-prices/ so you may end up being "even" given the costs of storage, but the mileage in particular is always going to be seen as a negative.

Either sell it to the likes of We Buy Any Car - you may be pleasantly surprised - to save the hassle of dealing with private buyers or keep it forever would be my advice.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by V-esi
With 120k and depending on general wear and tear I'd say £5k would be a reasonable advertising price with room to haggle. The red badges were not standard on S2000's. Realistically with 120k it wouldn't be worthwhile keeping in the hope prices will increase. If it had 12k and in standard form, definitely. Just my personal view..

Good point about the badges Forgot about those not being stock!

Thanks a lot for your feedback, much appreciated.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Here's the Silverstone Classic Meet thread: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/109...sun-26th-july/ lots of people from here do go each year.

You've no chance of asking any buyer not to modify, I'm afraid. Given its age and mileage, it's likely to be sold at the lower end of prices (£5-6k maybe - I'm no expert on these things) and will attract the kind of buyer you don't want.

Prices are rising a bit it seems (read this thread) https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1117806-future-prices/ so you may end up being "even" given the costs of storage, but the mileage in particular is always going to be seen as a negative.

Either sell it to the likes of We Buy Any Car - you may be pleasantly surprised - to save the hassle of dealing with private buyers or keep it forever would be my advice.
Thanks for the info about the classic, I shall definitely be going methinks!

Seems like a sin to modify one of these but I suppose you're right, I don't have a huge amount of choice

So you reckon just selling it this summer might be the right thing to do then? Will check on webuyanycar.

Thanks a lot for your advice.

I hate talking about this, i've not long been an owner/member, and I must say I adore both my S, and this community.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

webuyanycar... 3k....
Old 03-30-2015, 02:59 AM

lol yes, just done that myself. 3k?!

Guess guess webuyanycar don't understand how to value cars like these
Old 03-30-2015, 03:21 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper_Rage

Not a pleasant surprise, then! Well, it was worth a try and at least gives you a starting point
Old 03-30-2015, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Originally Posted by Viper_Rage' timestamp='1427713171' post='23559587

Not a pleasant surprise, then! Well, it was worth a try and at least gives you a starting point
Haha yes, ideally would be hoping to get about 4.5, maybe slightly more. I don't think that's an unreasonable price tbh.

We shall see....I'd like interest from here tb, would prefer to sell it to somebody who appreciates these fab cars!
Old 03-30-2015, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Viper_Rage
Originally Posted by lovegroova' timestamp='1427714516' post='23559605
[quote name='Viper_Rage' timestamp='1427713171' post='23559587']

Haha yes, ideally would be hoping to get about 4.5, maybe slightly more. I don't think that's an unreasonable price tbh.

We shall see....I'd like interest from here tb, would prefer to sell it to somebody who appreciates these fab cars!
[/quote]
You've just prompted me to do a we buy any car valuation out of curiosity.

My03 with 55k FSH £6750. Tbh if I was remotely interested in selling, I'd probably sell to them for that price, as there's probably little chance of them checking geo bolts for example, or being obsessed with full honda history......

Interesting!!

Quick Reply: Few Questions About my S (Pictures Inside)