UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

FAO: Owners near Uxbridge

Old 12-12-2008, 03:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FAO: Owners near Uxbridge

Guys 'n' girls,

Some of you may be aware that Powerflex do not supply the front compliance bushes. Some of you may also be aware that Mugen and Spoon bushes are not always readily available and can cost a fair whack.

I have taken the liberty of contacting Powerflex to raise this issue and received a reply today. They are very interested in supplying the bush, but require an S2K to take a few measurements of the existing bush and the suspension movement.

Short of travelling from Portsmouth myself, I would be grateful if anyone in the local area could contact me to arrange a short meeting with Powerflex, allowing them to briefly survey their S.

Any takers?
Old 12-12-2008, 04:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

the reason they don't make this bush was that powerflex's material wasn't suitable for the same kind of loading.the mugen and spoon are a bonded rubber bush type i believe the poly that powerflex use isn't strong enough.
I am friendly with their old marketing guy and designer, and originally setup the contact so they could make the bushes in the first place a few years ago, they actually used some arms from an Ex Spoon sport europe employee's car and tested on the same car.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I'm in Uxbridge
Old 12-13-2008, 02:39 AM

I'm in uxbridge as well, well just on the outskirts
Old 12-13-2008, 03:08 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought they'd been sent a full set of S2000 bushes in the past in order for them to manufacture their set.

I can't remember why they couldn't do the compliance bush in the past, but if they manage to get it right here then all the better as they'll be cheaper than Mugen & Spoon.

I've got the Powerflex all round, except for the compliance where I have stock bushes, although I have a set of Mugen ones waiting to go on.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:24 AM

ltb, sorry to go off topic, but did going polybushed all round make much difference ?
Old 12-13-2008, 11:51 AM
LTB

Originally Posted by conanius,Dec 13 2008, 04:24 PM
ltb, sorry to go off topic, but did going polybushed all round make much difference ?
I'd say so, the car feels tighter now, plus I can adjust my geo now as it was previously all seized. Ride is slightly more harsh, but not too much, it's more than acceptable.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:36 AM

I've emailed Powerflex's design manager who should hopefully be able to answer the questions early next week.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:33 AM

Powerflex's design manager has assured me that they are using a different compound, hence why they would like to produce the compliance bush.

They wouldn't be able to undertake the measurements 'til mid January, and will need an S for 2-3 hours. Nothing needs to be removed from the car, so the suspension will be left intact.

I'll PM local owners nearer the time to see if anyone can do this and save me the journey. You never know, they may throw in a set of bushes for your time!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by C&S Evo7,Dec 13 2008, 01:54 AM
originally setup the contact so they could make the bushes in the first place a few years ago, they actually used some arms from an Ex Spoon sport europe employee's car and tested on the same car.
Really

Quick Reply: FAO: Owners near Uxbridge