UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Falkirk Honda.... a slippery slope?

Old 04-13-2006, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falkirk Honda.... a slippery slope?

I had a thread about a month ago about getting corroded brake disks replaced under warrantee. Phoenix Honda in Falkirk have been very good to me in the past, they are very curtious and have, until recently been efficient.

Over this matter of the warantee, Phoenix Honda never get back to me when they say they will. I have to do ALL the chasing. Every time I phone them (about 8 times now), they tell me that they have JUST spoken to Honda UK a few minutes ago. Firstly they said that I had to bring the car in to Falkirk. So I did, specially. Then I was told that the claim had not been yet authorised by Honda UK so they couldn't do the work.

Several days went by, so I phoned Phoenix Honda (PH) back again. They told me that they had just got off the phone to Honda UK again (yea yea) and have been instructed to take photos of the aforementioned disks. Fair enough I thought and I offered to take the photos and send them in. I did this. I phoned up PH and asked to pass on a message to the services manager that the photos have been sent to their email address on their site. No reply for days.

I phoned up several days later and I was told that they needed photographs. I told them that I'd sent them AND told them that I'd passed on the message, as described above. Okay.

No reply from them again.....

So I phoned them again and they told me that Honda UK had still not got back to them, a week later (I don't believe this).

Two other phone calls have taken place until the one this morning....

I phoned up PH this morning and now they tell me that Honda UK have spoken to them yesterday (so why wasn't I contacted?) and say that the photos that I took were inconclusive. Aparently they now have to measure the thickness of the disks and take photos of the whole disks.

So, tomorrow the car goes back to PH.

While I don't think PH are a bad dealership (at all), is this a slippery slope?

DAve
Old 04-13-2006, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably. Luck of the draw with dealers I'm afraid. John Banks (my local dealer) were very good. Could not praise them enough. Excellent sales, service and warranty work No pissing about.
Then they started to get bigger, the good staff started to leave and now, imho, they are shit and I don't use them.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:43 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I've never seen brake discs that aren't corroded.

Show us some pics